Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a set of upper doors with the hinged glass a few weeks ago after I saw the Polaris website said they would be released at the end of April. I just got a call from the dealer I bought my buggy from and they said Polaris will not be making the doors with opening glass. Anyone else heard anything on the subject, or got a similar phone call?

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I pre-ordered a set of upper doors with the hinged glass a few weeks ago after I saw the Polaris website said they would be released at the end of April. I just got a call from the dealer I bought my buggy from and they said Polaris will not be making the doors with opening glass. Anyone else heard anything on the subject, or got a similar phone call?
I hope not or there will be alot of pissed off folks out there!!!!:surprise:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I pre payed in January for mine I talked to dealer last week and they did not say anything

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
They told me to get on the top of the list and get my discount I had to pay in full at time of purchase. I better get interest for the interest I have lost for 3 months.:surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I called the dealer and he is calling the rep Monday to find out if this is a rumor. He called Polaris last week for another customer and they said the hinged uppers were going to ship in May. The fixed glass is shipping now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I even called my dealer back to ask if it was an April fools joke. They said no it was not a joke. I hope it's just a big mistake because I really don't think I'll be happy with the fixed glass.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It is not a joke I tried to get hinged uppers on the new general I'll be getting in a week or two and Polaris faxed my dealer and said they weren't satisfied with the design so they discontinued them and u can only get the solid plexiglass uppers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That news sucks. There goes my master plan of having air flow through the cab. If I would of known this when I ordered my buggy I would of got the tip out windshield. I was advised by someone at the dealer to not get the tip out because of problems they've seen with Ranger tip outs. Now what?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Polaris guy called me Saturday and informed me of the news. Told me he informed his Polaris Rep to call me and explain....he didn't want to do that! I'm extremely PO'ed. I ordered and paid for them over three months ago and have been patient about getting them even though I froze this winter. Traded in my XP900 with full cab and doors for General and was told I'd have upper Windows soon. Again, very disappointed. I'm getting really tired of Polaris and their decisions.

I hope an aftermarket company develops something. I ready to trade General back for another XP1000 Ranger with accessories.....Oh yeah, they didn't do that either!!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED POLARIS OWNER!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know the thread is for upper doors, but have any of you guys (or gals) removed your lower doors? I am going to have to remove mine to facilitate loading and unloading into an enclosed trailer. Just wondering what I might be getting into...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to a friend today who owns a cabinet and plastic shop in town. I explained my situation and what I was looking for, he seems to think we will be able to come up with something to do what Polaris planned on and then scrapped. I will figure out more when my upper doors show up.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I talked to a friend today who owns a cabinet and plastic shop in town. I explained my situation and what I was looking for, he seems to think we will be able to come up with something to do what Polaris planned on and then scrapped. I will figure out more when my upper doors show up.
Put me on the list I have had it with Polaris I like there machine but waiting is not my strong suit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I asked the dealer today about the door issue and he said they cancelled cause they were crap. He said that Polaris is having another company build the hinged door uppers and that they expect to have a part number in about a month. There are alot of dealer excuses, but how else am I going to shoot on the fly in winter?!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts