Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...but not new to side by sides. I have the 17 Premium...with factory aluminum roof, glass windshield and back glass. With winter fastly approaching..and whitetail season almost here...I'd like to get some upper doors. The options seem to be fairly limited at time. Since the factory doors are getting bad reviews, I'm not too sold on them. The Seizmik doors look to be a nice option....as do the doors that Grizzz-Tek is designing. Any thoughts or comments on what anyone else has for doors?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have not seen any I am waiting to see what the Grizzz doors look like before I buy I went one winter without. We do not ride much after it starts snowing heavy we mostly plow. Snow started this week a little.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the polaris factory upper doors. bad fit and finish when first installed. But after adding thick weather stripping in all of the right places, they seal much better and don't rattle around like they first did. The plexi windows scratch super easy, but that seems to be normal with all plexi from what I read.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It looks like at the least you need the bed extender. I like using the trailer for the wood and all of my saw equipment stows in the bed. My big saw is a Stihl 660 and the little saw is a Stihl Pro 261.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Save some space just get one Husqvarna saw take the place of both Stihl's LOL :grin2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
It looks like at the least you need the bed extender. I like using the trailer for the wood and all of my saw equipment stows in the bed. My big saw is a Stihl 660 and the little saw is a Stihl Pro 261.
Upgraded from the wood and made a extender/ stake rack out of steel. Holds a lot of wood. No more picking up from the ground, always waist high.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Does it get light in the front when you load it with wood?
My ranger would get light in the front with wood loaded in it but then again would haul about a rick in it! not put that much in mine yet!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does it get light in the front when you load it with wood?
My ranger would get light in the front with wood loaded in it but then again would haul about a rick in it! not put that much in mine yet!
It does. I'm not moving it very far but you can tell the steering isn't as easy with the weight on back

·
Registered
99 Posts
Silver6.0. Did you purchase and install the MaxiStat option for your Ice-Crusher heater? Are you pleased with the heater? Ride safe, ride insured,

Roy

Reactions: generaljls

·
Registered
36 Posts
ice crusher

really like the seizmiks, and like you said they are pretty much the only option unless you want to spend double. I also put an ice crusher heater kit in and am the envy of my riding group this fall lol.

Have you compared the Ice Crusher Heater and install to the Polaris factory heater and install? Did you use the Max Stat?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts