Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, safely set up in the RV park, and out for our second day of riding.

General Deluxe is just fabulous handling the rough terrain, steep inclines...the works!

But today was really something!! Up on the Hurricane Basin side trail..about 12,800 feet in elevation. And the clouds roll in and get very dark...and it starts sleeting...and getting cold!!

So flip on the Pure Polaris windshield wiper and it does great! The Polaris electric wiper on my RZR 800 is mounted at the bottom and cleans the center of the windshield. The General wiper does a great job of cleaning most of the windshield, but really keeps the driver's side clean and dry!!

But its getting kinda cold in the sleet and wind.

But AHA, I had the dealer install the "Heater/Defroster kit". So turn the temp knob to about 2 o'clock and turn the fan on at the first level. Open all the vents...

And WOW warm air throughout the cab and we're getting warm quickly. I'm just wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and mama has on her zipper sweatshirt...and mine!!

Gotta be one of the best accessory choices! Works very well and probably don't need the upper half of the doors!

Get it, you won't regret it!

Pirate

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, safely set up in the RV park, and out for our second day of riding.

General Deluxe is just fabulous handling the rough terrain, steep inclines...the works!

But today was really something!! Up on the Hurricane Basin side trail..about 12,800 feet in elevation. And the clouds roll in and get very dark...and it starts sleeting...and getting cold!!

So flip on the Pure Polaris windshield wiper and it does great! The Polaris electric wiper on my RZR 800 is mounted at the bottom and cleans the center of the windshield. The General wiper does a great job of cleaning most of the windshield, but really keeps the driver's side clean and dry!!

But its getting kinda cold in the sleet and wind.

But AHA, I had the dealer install the "Heater/Defroster kit". So turn the temp knob to about 2 o'clock and turn the fan on at the first level. Open all the vents...

And WOW warm air throughout the cab and we're getting warm quickly. I'm just wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and mama has on her zipper sweatshirt...and mine!!

Gotta be one of the best accessory choices! Works very well and probably don't need the upper half of the doors!

Get it, you won't regret it!

Pirate
thanks for the tip I heading to the montrose area at the end of the week and told my wife if it get real cold I'll be ordering one for ours glad to here it works great!

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trapper...oh I see...you're in Michigan. I live in the "banana belt" of Colorado. We get a few snows each Winter mostly 6" or less. So I use the snowthrower. If we get lucky and get more...the Bobcat Skidsteer!

Scared to think about this coming Winter...we haven't had any moisture since the week before Labor Day...and its so dry its pathetic!! Creek that runs through the place is about half its normal size. Haven't seen it like that since the drout of 2002.

Its an awesome accessory...but I'm sure glad I had the dealer install it. Just don't think I'd want to take that on...as dark and hard to get at is the under-dash on the General!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the full enclosure here in alaska. only used it in mid 30s Fahrenheit so far, but even the lowest setting on the heater gets plenty warm in those temps and I have to turn it off occasionally if I drive at slower speeds. Cant wait to use it at subzero temps though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts