Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
5,900 Posts
I didn't take all the staples out of the bottom or the top. When you are taking them out of the seat bottom, leave 2-4'' of it stapled and try that and if you need to take more out, then do so. It worked slick for me doing it this way.
I used a darn small flat screwdriver and lifted one side of the staples up and did them all this way, then I went back and pulled them all out. Worked good, but do what works best for you.
I also used a Gray permanent marker and marked the back side of the seat and backrest in spots so I knew i pulled it as far as it was before.

· Registered
2022 General 4 1000 XP Deluxe Non RC
46 Posts
On the bottom seat I took the staples out towards the back of the seat but left it stapled towards the steering wheel that way I could put the wires towards the back of the seat. I bought a cheap air stapler from walmart but It wouldnt work so I just used a Heavy duty hand stapler I already had at the house. It didnt like to drive the staples all the way in every single time, but a quick tap with a hammer and it was good to go. I used a flat screwdriver but one that was about as wide as the staple and rocked it from one side to the other after I got it under the staple and it seemed to pull out without having to use pliers or anything else.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts