Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first chance to sit in a General Deluxe...mine is on order.

But I have the Service Manual in my hands and spend some time getting familiar with things.

Something has my interest, and I wonder if anyone has done anything that might provide an explanation.

Service Manual page 11.69, upper left is a drawing of the back of the instrument cluster and a chart of the pins and their use.

Note that:

Pin 6 Left Turn Signal Input

Pin 7 Right Turn Signal Input

Pin 10 Trailer Turn Signal

But the wiring diagram at the back of the Service Manual does not show anything connected to those pins.

So I wonder, are pin 6 & 7 turn signal indicators in the instrument cluster, like we have on our cars and trucks?

Might these have a use on International machines or perhaps future use?

Just wondering,

Pirate

·
Vendor
1,563 Posts
Not i the top of the dash and out in front it looks like a place for turn indicator lights and blinkers out front.
Good info. Thanks. Love a good mystery!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pirate, im sure they will have a turn signal kit available - everything else does as these can be street legal in many places. In Lake City you can ride in certain parts of town but you need the kit.

In Wyoming you can run your SXS or ATV on any road except for federal highways but need it to be street legal - wish it was that way here in Colorado as I would drive mine to work, etc... My friends in Rock Springs drive their SXS's to work, the grocery store, etc... every day.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Pirate, im sure they will have a turn signal kit available - everything else does as these can be street legal in many places. In Lake City you can ride in certain parts of town but you need the kit.

In Wyoming you can run your SXS or ATV on any road except for federal highways but need it to be street legal - wish it was that way here in Colorado as I would drive mine to work, etc... My friends in Rock Springs drive their SXS's to work, the grocery store, etc... every day.
That would be really nice, wouldn't it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
That would be really nice, wouldn't it!
It would be real nice. They don't even have to trailer them to go for a ride. Can ride right through town and to the trail. My buddies have it made. I think it's like all over Wyoming.

Here in Colorado we can only do that on county roads.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
In Michigan you have to get north of the middle of the state and then it is ruled differently in each county. Below the middle of the state there is no riding allowed at all. Some northern county's do not let you ride on the county roads at all. The county we bought in lets us ride the county roads. Across the bridge in the Upper Michigan the rules are more relaxed. Then we have different trail rules for the Federal trails and state trails. They gate the snowmobile trails so you can not ride from town to town. If you have a 50'' trail model you dew have a few more options but not many. Dirt bikes and small ATV the riding is great.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Commando,

Yup, my current RZR is street legal and licensed in Arizona. We can ride everything but the Interstates in Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, N&S Dakota and Nebraska...that I know of for sure.

Going to add turn signals. The General taillights can be easily be done by tying into the brake circuit after the ECU. The front, we'll need to add turn signal lights. I like the LED styles you can find on the JPCycles.com website.

Then add an electric horn...looking at a loud two-tone on ebay...

But going to wait to order stuff until its in my shop...hopefully mid-March!!

But noted the instrument cluster wiring chart and saw the turn signal inputs and was curious...thus this post.

Pirate

·
Registered
223 Posts
That should work in Colorado at least in some towns. I know in Lake city it would and I think in Ouray as well - the ride over Engineer Pass to Ouray is great in a SXS.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GJ,

Well I know from experience that being licensed and insured we can ride in Lake City, in fact anywhere in Hinsdale County.

Silverton had a referendum election in 2014 and chose to let us ride into town on specified streets. Works very well and they have figured out we're the ones that come and spend money!

Ouray, I don't think so. At least not the last time I asked, back in 2014. If that has changed would sure like to know!

Pirate

·
Registered
223 Posts
Im pretty sure it is cool in Ouray now. My buddy that I hunt with has a ranch in Lake City. And his is licensed in Montana - we were riding from the ranch to go up and chase some elk with bows and he told me they rode over to Ouray several days last summer, so 2015.

Worth a phone call I suppose.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bringing this post back up cause I am having trouble with the turn signals and the instrument cluster.

Setup so far:
- LED signals installed out front and wired
- due to EU regulation, changed the General taillight to some RANGER EU taillights (they have the clear/yellow turn signal) and wired those

All good for now. Testing it with the key turned but engine NOT running ... Cluster shows signal direction.

BUT, and here is the big but, when I start the engine, the direction light in the cluster wont work.

I dont have a clue why, dealer is confused as well...

Maybe we can get some new input from you guys out here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.