Polaris General Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
In dash turn light's

Well I finally figured out how to get the in dash indicator light's to work. The voltage regulator I purchased has to be installed in the battery power circuit going to the dash panel. With the voltage regulated to stay below 13V and the lights then work like they should. The indicator in the dash unit will then show regulated voltage and not charge voltage.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
Jumpy,

Ya lost me. By "dash indicator lights" do you mean the turn signal indicators in the instrument console?

Voltage Regulator...something different than the Polaris voltage regulator that takes the output of the alternator and supplies the battery, and thus the rest of the machine?

Hmmmm....

Pirate

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
to the OP,

For turn signal LEDs to add to the dash...follow this link to the Lite'N Boltz that I've used for a number of applications:

Lite'N Boltz LED Accent Lighting | Design Engineering Inc

I spent a lot of time and more than a few bucks trying to get them to work. Corbin Industries did an investigation and as we knew the Left console one will work. The Right goes through a circuit board and, nope, there is no way to make it work.

I have seen a pic of the International Model General with a very nice turn signal stalk. But haven't been able to find a parts page for it yet. But I'm sure the instrument console light are used.

Pirate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just saying I followed your direction to connect the light in the instrument panel (and by the way thank you for the info)and when I got them connected they would work with key on engine not running but when I started the engine and the voltage got above 13.5V they would quite. I ordered a inline voltage regulator and installed it in the battery power feed to the instrument panel set it to 13V and now my lights work like they should with engine running. I would like to say you and the other members have been very helpful on this site and I just wanted to share info as well. The connection's terminal number's were 4 and 5 on the plugin that are positive and neg. are the wire's I tied into. The only draw back is the voltage on the instrument panel does not show charge voltage after doing this.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Jumpy,

So your left and right turn signal indicators work at all times?

Ummm...got a short video?

That's cool!!!

I have some of the correct pin for the instrument console plug....and the info on where I got them

So I wonder if you just tied your voltage regulator to the wires for the turn signals...separately from everything else in the console...would that correct the "indicated voltage"?

Pirate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes Pirate the turn signals work all the time like they should.I tried connecting the regulator to the turn signal switch and that did not work The voltage going to the instrument panel of my general has to be below 13.5V to keep the green arrows working that is why I installed the regulator and set it at 13V so far so good. I have not had any complications because of the regulator.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Jumpy,

Congratulations!!

Ummm...now how about some specifics on the regulator you installed, pics of the install, and a wiring diagram.

These would be most useful!!

Thanks!!!!

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
Got home last night and went and wired my turn signal dash lights! and YES they work with the engine running.
Real simple and took me about 1 hour and that included removing the top of the dash. got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Regulator-DR...-Adjustable/dp/B00CNXLDCQ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_15
And wired it into the dash supply volt wire red with white stripe on my 17. Set it at 13.2 volts using the volt readout in the dash readout. Then added the new wires and pins in the 6 and 7 slots. I have a separate volt gauge so no big deal to me. The volt readout will never read over 13.2 now in the dash but again I don't use it and now the turn signal indicators work as they should even with engine running! >:)

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
Yes this thread is about making the factory in dash turn signal lamps work when turn signal is added to the G. the factory dash has the lights but they are not used and when hooked up with out volt regulator will not flash with engine is running.

Reactions: Okie5561947

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got home last night and went and wired my turn signal dash lights! and YES they work with the engine running.
Real simple and took me about 1 hour and that included removing the top of the dash. got one of these: Amazon.com: ANTV Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna - 360 Degree Omni-Direction Reception, Long Range Reception Range with High Gain Coaxial Cable, UHF/VHF Enhanced - 2020 Hot Sale & New Model: Industrial & Scientific
And wired it into the dash supply volt wire red with white stripe on my 17. Set it at 13.2 volts using the volt readout in the dash readout. Then added the new wires and pins in the 6 and 7 slots. I have a separate volt gauge so no big deal to me. The volt readout will never read over 13.2 now in the dash but again I don't use it and now the turn signal indicators work as they should even with engine running! >:)
That link comes up as an HDTV amplified antenna ?

·
Premium Member
2020 XP1000 2 seater
55 Posts
I wired these in left and right side.
DC 3V 12V 24V Buzzer Alarm 100dB Active Piezo Electronic Buzzer Beep Tone Alarm Ringer Continous Sound(Pack of 2).
Amazon

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Whew, been a while. Corbin Industries was the company that let us know that there is circuitry on the instrument panel that prevents them from being used.

Someone posted their success, but it was complicated and impacted other functions of the instrument panel.

Polaris is now making an International General model that has turn signals, a turn signal lever, and uses the turn indicators in the instrument cluster.

I have yet to be able to find those components in the Parts Fiche pages.

Pirate

81 - 100 of 121 Posts