Polaris General Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the XTC Power Products Turn Signal System installed which includes a horn.
My turn & horn switches are on the dash below the center cutout.
The turn switch does blink when turning left or right but it is rather dime and hard to see. So sometimes I leave it on long after turning.

What I would really like is to add sound when turning. Has anyone done anything like that?
I got this LED light from XTC - XTC Power Products TSS-IND which is a LED light you can mount anywhere you like on the dash area. Simple to install too, instructions below.
It helps with the "not remembering to turn off the turn signal" problem that bothered me a lot too. Not a 100% answer as in some light conditions it is still possible to miss the blinking LED but better than the switch light.
$19.95 https://xtcpowerproducts.com/products/tss-ind

Installation Instructions:
TSS-IND Dash Indicator IB
Thank you for purchasing XTC Power Products TSS-IND. This item is from our Plug & Play™ product line, no wires to cut, no crimping, mount the LED and plug in! Once installed the LED will Flash when Activated from Turn System.

For more details on installation go to XTC Power Products
Please read the instructions fully and familiarize yourself with the components before starting the install.

1. Mount LED in Dash - Locate a desirable place to mount the indicator and drill a 5/16" Hole.

2. Connect Adapter to TSS – Unplug the Front wire harness form the Control Box and plug the TSS-IND in. Plug the front harness into the adapter.
3. Connect Indicator - Plug the two Bullet connectors into the harness, the Black to the Black and Red to Red.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
Pins 6&7 are the turn signal input voltage to the Instrument Console LED indicators.

By Polaris design, the left one works fine, as we have wired it. Corbin Industries has posted on this forum that the right indicator signal goes through a chip on the Instrument Cluster board. Since we don't have a wiring diagram for the board...no way to make it work.

The Design Engineering LEDs I installed are designed for automotive use. so the have two wires. Hot and ground. nothing else required.

The ones I purchased for the General...come on with the turn signal...but have two light intensities. so they appear to blink. So that gives you a visual that the turn signal is on.

I used a steering column mounted turn signal controller. The one I purchased for the General has a fairly loud "click" when the turn signal flashes.

So here's a couple of thoughts on things to let you know you've got a turn signal on.

Pirate

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone have a good leed on a column mounted turn signal that has windshield wash and wiper controls. It would be nice to have that all in one spot and free up a couple rocker switches.

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
Does anyone have a good leed on a column mounted turn signal that has windshield wash and wiper controls. It would be nice to have that all in one spot and free up a couple rocker switches.
We are all using aftermarket turn signal switches and I don't think you will find one with windshield wiper/washer controls however mine does have a horn button on the end! :grin2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the Turn Signal and Horn Kit (PN 7202) by Ryco Motorsports on my 2017 General EPS. The kit comes with:

- Steering column unit (turn signals/horn button/emergency flasher)
- 6 LED front turn signals/running lights
- License plate bracket/light
- Horn
- The rear tail lights are the turn signals/emergency flashers/brake lights (flash 6 times then go on solid when brake is applied)/running lights

The installation went well as per the instructions. Because I’m annal retentive, I ran the wire in flexible lum, and tie rapped all the wiring for a clean installation to prohibit future issues/problems.

When I turned the key to the ‘ON’ position, everything operated as expected. Even the turn signals/emergency flashers on the instrument panel operated normally. However, with the engine running, only the left turn signal on the instrument panel illuminated properly. The right turn signal and the emergency flashers did not illuminate on the instrument panel. After the engine was shut off, I then turned the key back to the ‘ON’ position, the turn signals/emergency flashers operated normally — interesting situation.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your issue is the same as all of use that have tried to use the instrument cluster.

Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Yup, welcome to the club of members that have tried to get the instrument cluster turn signal indicators to work.

If you dig up the old posts, you will find that Corbin Industries provided the answer...the pins in the plug lead to wires inside the instrument cluster that go to a chip...thus no way to understand or change how it works.

So you install different LED lights or do without.

If Polaris ever produces an Overseas General...it is likely to have turn signals...and then we'll be able to use one of those instrument clusters.

Pirate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks...I thought for a brief moment that I had found the magic solution - NOT! It shouldn’t have surprised me that Polaris has a proprietary design the end user is unable to work with/around. I have 3 Victory Motorcycles and I vowed never to purchase another Polaris product...I’m a slow learner!

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Well...Polaris makes a very good machine. Unfortunately...like so many lower production vehicles...they have their issues an the only way around them is to learn them! And spend time reading on this forum.

So it goes!

Pirate

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the Turn Signal and Horn Kit (PN 7202) by Ryco Motorsports on my 2017 General EPS. The kit comes with:

- Steering column unit (turn signals/horn button/emergency flasher)
- 6 LED front turn signals/running lights
- License plate bracket/light
- Horn
- The rear tail lights are the turn signals/emergency flashers/brake lights (flash 6 times then go on solid when brake is applied)/running lights

The installation went well as per the instructions. Because I’m annal retentive, I ran the wire in flexible lum, and tie rapped all the wiring for a clean installation to prohibit future issues/problems.

When I turned the key to the ‘ON’ position, everything operated as expected. Even the turn signals/emergency flashers on the instrument panel operated normally. However, with the engine running, only the left turn signal on the instrument panel illuminated properly. The right turn signal and the emergency flashers did not illuminate on the instrument panel. After the engine was shut off, I then turned the key back to the ‘ON’ position, the turn signals/emergency flashers operated normally — interesting situation.
Did you guys manage to sort out wiring for dash lights....

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
jp,

Your experience is comparable with mine from two years ago. Both console turn signals work...once...then just the left. Repeatable time after time!

Corbin Industries jumped and let us know that the turn signal go through a circuit board....and thus the right doesn't work as soon as things are powered up.

I'm waiting for an International model of the General. The International models typically have turn signals...

So it goes.

Pirate

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
357 Posts
Back before I bought my General I watched a video of a fellow in England, maybe Germany and he was in a town and when he climbed in the turn signal stalk on the steering wheel caught my attention.

Now weather he installed it himself or they they come standard in the UK, if I am right they are street legal over there.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
357 Posts
Ok, back from the General Life FB page and there is a guy over there that is in the UK and he did say it came with turn signals so I asked him to take a pic of the steering wheel. Asked about a service manual too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Turn indicator

I believe I have an answer on how to get the turn indicators to work. I have ordered a voltage regulator to install in the turn circuit to keep the voltage at 12V. I noticed when to voltage dropped below 13.5V the indicator would work as when the engine was not running. Will keep you posted as to wither it works.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
34 Ford...so there is now an International model of the General? I see the turn signal stalk...very nice! Gotta figure out what the wiring looks like and the PN for the system components.

Jumpy, will be interesting to see what you find. In my research I could get the left console arrow working every time. But the right...nope, not consistently at all.

Pirate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well the regulator I purchased to lower the voltage did not work instead it made it worse no matter what voltage I set it at. I wonder if I could lower the voltage to the panel if that would help? The indicator light seam to work both ways if the voltage on the panel is lower than 13.5 to 13.7 on the volt gauge on the panel. Has anyone looked into trying that or have a wiring diagram of the instrument panel?

·
Registered
30 Posts
61 - 80 of 121 Posts