Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have read through a few post about similar issues but am having trouble finding the final solution. Last week wile out riding the check engine light came on and showed codes 520207 and 746. After spending hours checking for a broke wire I got back home to my voltmeter and stated at the AWD switch and worked my way back ending up at the turf gear. the power coming into the relay is reading 12v weather the machine is in turf gear or not. is this normal? also should there be an audible click when you engage turf mode seems like I recall one. I would think that it was the turf mode relay but am pretty sure the relay should blow a fuse. Is there a way to check the turf mode solenoid with a volt meter or do you have to put power to it. Any insight is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,218 Posts
Turf relay is technically a "driver". It gets 12v positive and when you have the AWD switch set to turf mode, the ECU will switch the ground when placed in any forward gear or reverse. You should hear all audible click, yes. The driver sends a pulse width signal to the solenoid. This is a way to reduce the current draw and not burn the solenoid out. You can briefly test the solenoid with 12v but do not leave it for very long.

I made these videos to demonstrate that remove the plug from the solenoid will "default" to a locked diff. I show how there's power at the solenoid, the driver makes the ground connection and also creates the pulse width modulated signal to drive the solenoid.

There's a link to the service manual on the Gilloman innovations website I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Turf relay is technically a "driver". It gets 12v positive and when you have the AWD switch set to turf mode, the ECU will switch the ground when placed in any forward gear or reverse. You should hear all audible click, yes. The driver sends a pulse width signal to the solenoid. This is a way to reduce the current draw and not burn the solenoid out. You can briefly test the solenoid with 12v but do not leave it for very long.

I made these videos to demonstrate that remove the plug from the solenoid will "default" to a locked diff. I show how there's power at the solenoid, the driver makes the ground connection and also creates the pulse width modulated signal to drive the solenoid.

There's a link to the service manual on the Gilloman innovations website I think.
Good Info !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts