Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just had my bike out for the first ride and low and behold after sitting in the garage an oil slick on the floor.
Remove the stump pan and the transmission case is weeping oil when hot.
Kind of a bummer didn't even have it for an hour.
From what Ive read it is probably a case of not enough sealant when assembled.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Might be too much sealant. That's bead of it on the right side of the pic. But looking over on the right side, are those cracks above the joint?

Back to the Dealer...

Sorry to see that. Would be great if you could take a pic when they split that joint..

Pirate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sealant
Might be too much sealant. That's bead of it on the right side of the pic. But looking over on the right side, are those cracks above the joint?

Back to the Dealer...

Sorry to see that. Would be great if you could take a pic when they split that joint..

Pirate
sealant

·
Registered
363 Posts
I noticed a very small amount off dampness on my 2020 at the seam also. I am keeping an eye on it. Yours is far worse than mine id take it to the dealer as soon as you have time.. if mine develops an actual drip hanging like yours. Itll be going back too

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I guess it would be interesting to know if Polaris uses an automated system to place the sealant on the components. That should mean there's no difference from machine to machine.
If its done by hand...who knows?
Pirate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm told it was the seal or sealant they didn't elaborate. It took 16 days from when I dropped it off until it was done, crazy right? Good thing I was at work. Now i took it for a 20 mile ride and its sounds like the drive shaft is falling out of it. Im totally frustrated 30,000 Canadian for something I've ridden 4 times in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Sorry for all the issues you're having on a new machine...sux!!

Now, the grey sealant that Harley-Davidson and Polaris use is Permatex Ultra Grey. Just used it on a valve cover on a Toyhauler Generator valve cover.

I believe to this day, Polaris is using U-Joints at the carrier bearing end of both sections of the front driveline. Those two U-joints must be "phased".
That means the two U-joints have to have the the "knuckles" in line with each other. One up and down and the other up and down.
If not...boy that's noisy and the U-joints don't last long.

Let us know what you find. Pics are always very helpful!

Pirate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got the skid plates off an everything washed. Ill post some photos when i find something. So far everything looks to be fine. The hanger bearing seems to have play but I dont know what is normal yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like something in the transmission or wheel end. Clunking could not upload video. Doesn’t matter if its in turf 2 wheel or 4 wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts