Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
114 Posts
Plus there is no better feeling then cutting up a brand new perfectly functioning machine , to make it what you want . I've built 3 Toyotas and 5 Jeeps . And none of them lasted a week at my house before they went under the knife :ROFLMAO:
Coilover Dana 44 solid axle swap on a taco here. Didn't regret it once and few could understand why.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Getting costly lol.
ordered SATV tie rods and ball joints.
all parts have to be disassembled and stripped and powder coated.
then rear has to be fabbed, then wrap, chop cage, and re assemble.
could have easily bought the xp version for the same price......... but wouldnt have the soft plush ride, and be different from everyone else.
oh and clutch kit needs to be ordered and installed, and programmer, larger fuel injectors, larger fuel rail.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ordered HD SATV tie rod kit
and AllBalls 8Ball axles. heard good things about them. hopefully they will stand up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So everything clears in the front for the full rzr xp travel? I think 18"?
have a set of 30x10x14 tires in the pic. They clear no issue.
as soon as tie rod kit and axles get in i will post a pic of the front. i may have to use the SATV 3inch front bracket to lift it up a bit.
at the moment shocks are at the lowest setting. will turn them up and go from there. loving the stance though. need to stuff my 32x18 motohavoks in there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Very curious to see the trailing arms come together and whether you can get to full bump out back.
It'll be a beast if everything clears
No worries here!!
My friend is a certified machinist and core welder.
luckily we work with a Polaris dealership where I can get all the dimensions needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did you do build these?
looks great. I unfortunately do not have that big of a budget but would love mine to turn out like that.
Is your white one for sale? thought I seen it up for sale.
fantastic work!!!
No Sir, these are not mine, but I did provide a few parts for the White one.

Yes Sir, they both were up for Sale, and have been Sold, if I remember correctly.
I do not know who the current owners are.

I just thought I would post the pics for a little eye candy and possibly some ideas. 👍

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have been in contact with the builder. Believe his name is Josh.
he and another person Clark have been giving me dimensions and ideas on how to execute this. great guys.
these are top notch rigs no doubt. when I seen theses pics I was sold. hence my project

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been in contact with the builder. Believe his name is Josh.
he and another person Clark have been giving me dimensions and ideas on how to execute this. great guys.
these are top notch rigs no doubt. when I seen theses pics I was sold. hence my project
Josh is correct.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
beautiful rigs. i am already 6000.00 in parts alone, and still not done.
still need to build or swap trans kind of on the fence which way to go.
cage chop has be done, rear end fab work. not a small project. since i am using the xp1000 rear shocks, does makes things a bit more difficult.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
front end almost done. waiting on SATV tie rods, and 8 ball axle. Fyi to anyone doing this. you can use your general brake rotors and pads.and you do not need to extend your lines.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
parts coming in. tie rods are here. still waiting on axle.
Font Road surface Wood Asphalt Flooring

21 - 40 of 62 Posts