Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, had anyone trailered a general with upper windows installed? I have a G4 with upper windows installed and plan on trailering my unit this weekend, any tips or thoughts on this?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've trailered mine and had to hook a bungee between the straps and it worked very good keeping them tight to the cage.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Reactions: DonW

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe someday I’ll get to find out still waiting on mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe someday I’ll get to find out still waiting on mine.
Dang, sorry to hear that man- I found mine by asking my deal to search all dealers inventory by part number and I drove 10 hours round trip to get my upper windows. Maybe give that a shot, best of luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do up the Velcro strips up top just to be on the safer side. Haven’t had a problem yet.
Thanks for the feedback, I’m going to figure out a way to secure them better from the inside just in case. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m
I've trailered mine and had to hook a bungee between the straps and it worked very good keeping them tight to the cage.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
thanks for the tip, will definitely do this!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP 4 1000
5 Posts
I ordered my Polaris G4 uppers from Rocky Mtn ATV and they showed up in a matter of days. They still appear to be in stock. Now if my machine would get delivered so I can install them all would be well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just Trailered mine new G4 DLX w/uppers without using the velcro straps and had no problems. Having said that, the dealer did a great job bending them tight to the frame so I really use the straps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just Trailered mine new G4 DLX w/uppers without using the velcro straps and had no problems. Having said that, the dealer did a great job bending them tight to the frame so I really use the straps.
I have a little bit more bending to do on mine yet. I installed them myself, pretty straight forward. Just need to work on the seals a little. I can open and close all the doors easily. Just have to tuck the seals in once closed right now. If I do a little bending I should be set. I don’t see bending them to be an breeze though, I’m guessing it’s to take me a while.
Great looking unit you got! Nice and warm I bet !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a little bit more bending to do on mine yet. I installed them myself, pretty straight forward. Just need to work on the seals a little. I can open and close all the doors easily. Just have to tuck the seals in once closed right now. If I do a little bending I should be set. I don’t see bending them to be an breeze though, I’m guessing it’s to take me a while.
Great looking unit you got! Nice and warm I bet !
Thanks, I have a inferno to install but so far the cabin has remain ok even in a 32 degrees drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts