Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people including my self that have new machines that they are putting the optional accessories on. Has anyone put any miles on there General, some actual hard trail riding. I am anxious to here how the general performs on the trails with mud holes, small jumps, maybe even riding the sand dunes. I have read all the reviews by the professional riders from the magazines but nothing yet from the riders who own there own General.:confused::smile2:

·
1,560 Posts
When I get my machine back together I'll give ya a report. Vroom vroom in my garage for now.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have a great deal of experience to reference. I can say that we have had ours for week, and have been up the creek, and climbed creek beds at home and went to the off road park. We have about 10 hours on our new machine.
The off road park provided a great variety of experiences to test it out. I couldn't be more happy with it. I want to do a few things to it, but as of now, it's all stock.
We went through floodeded trails, fell off in a hole deep enough to get the seats wet inside, it pulled on through with little trouble. We played on the sand, cutting doughnuts, great stability, never felt it was going over. There were a couple of Sandhills, that we were able to jump. .
I did get stuck in one mud hole, but really feel it was more my lack of driving ability.
Take aways. Superb stability and handling, amazed at the suspension. The cabin is extremely comfortable. Plenty of torque for the hills, and the all wheel drive was as advertised getting in and out of the mud.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback. I pick mine up next week and to say I am nervous is an under statement. Still wondering if some of the problems are people over building these machines. I would probably be doing the same if I were younger.������ I am an old fart

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
A fellow "old fart" too.
Enjoy life while we still can. We just putz around where back in the day we used to fly around like a chicken with their head cut-off.

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
Don't let being old slow us down just let the wisdom make for smarter choices during the ride! >:)

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got to lake city Colorado today with mine. Will let u know how it does in next few days. Just gotta decide which trails to do first

·
Registered
166 Posts
So far I have 45 hours and 775 km (480 mi) mostly trail riding.Terrain has lots of mud and rocks and no issues so far.No issues with turf mode,door separation and not hearing the front diff rattling noise that everybody complains about.So far this thing is works A1,just wish it had a little more top speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts