Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggested rides in northern Colorado? My son just moved to Steamboat so now i have a great excuse to explore the area.

·
Registered
107 Posts
my kids live there, and we did too after I retired for a year or so. We did some off grid camping and riding up past steamboat lake state park. It's north of Steamboat Springs, and Clark, look up Hann's Peak.

tons of trails up there and into WY!

let me know what you find, Steamboat Power Sports is another good place to call, nice people.

·
Registered
21 general xp 1000
71 Posts
Does anyone have any suggested rides in northern Colorado? My son just moved to Steamboat so now i have a great excuse to explore the area.
Hi
the trail riding and freedom is more plentiful just north, around Albany lodge, and Laramie Wyoming
good luck 🍀

·
Registered
21 general xp 1000
71 Posts
Hi,
it’s my observation that there is lots of public land that is not accessible to atvs.
Nor are they able to be plated and driven on roads.
there are places and trails to ride but they’re should be far more, imo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really glad i asked. I didn't realize CO such a difficult place to explore with UTVs. I'd thought they would be more open like the states around them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
there are lots of places to ride, Meeker has the wagon wheel trails system, Kremling has lots of trails, BLM land, trails in and around Grand Junction.
Not to mention the Alpine trail, and mountain trails around Silverton.

·
Registered
21 general xp 1000
71 Posts
there are lots of places to ride, Meeker has the wagon wheel trails system, Kremling has lots of trails, BLM land, trails in and around Grand Junction.
Hi, I agree, that’s probably some really nice ridping, however considering that the majority of people live on the front range, that’s quite a long drive to go ride and it doesn’t really make for any easily accessible day riding. And we’re still unable to ride on public roads ,dirt or paved. As i mentioned, that’s only my observation .
happy trails

·
Registered
2019 rc
140 Posts
I ride in Western Colorado/Eastern Utah every weekend since 88. UTV are limited to jeep trails on BLM. Had to turn back the clock a few years ago and bought a couple of ATVs again to ride lots of the best trails! Moab area has plenty of challenging UTV trails, although we steer clear of that SS. Been there done that back when they used to roll out the red carpet for us!

·
Registered
2021 General Deluxe Ride Command
80 Posts
Lucky,
We are beginning our research for southern Colorado or South of Denver. Do you have recommendations as I am just now reviewing your mentioned posted trails.
As well as anywhere to camp or RV where u can ride to the trail. Looking into a July 4th ride.

·
Registered
21 general xp 1000
71 Posts
Lucky,
We are beginning our research for southern Colorado or South of Denver. Do you have recommendations as I am just now reviewing your mentioned posted trails.
As well as anywhere to camp or RV where u can ride to the trail. Looking into a July 4th ride.
Hi guys,
I’m sorry, I can’t be of any help do you,
I live in Northern Colorado, and wouldn’t want to drive through Denver and Castle rock or Colorado Springs to get down south,
I’m only an hour from Laramie, so I prefer to ride in Wyoming mostly, and then head to South Dakota.
maybe some of the other guys that live down there, like pirate could help you out, I think he lives down in canyon city give him a shout
happy trails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts