Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my General 4 1000 a couple months ago, and already knew i wanted to make drastic changes to the machine.. It is perfect for my family of 5 with more interior room and a bump seat has already been installed..
Im from East TX where mud is king but also want a very capable all around machine for every terrain. I want the machine just a little taller for playing in the mud and to be able to run a set of 32" tires for the mud park. 30" all terrains for trail/ rocky stuff.. I am intrigued by the HCR suspension kit, $$$ i know but i want my machine to be different and stand out. So the folks at HCR say that they have tested with 32" tires and A-ok and 33"'s will probably be fine as well.
I've looked at the outkast 5" lift and the Catvos 5" lift but i dont want to turn my ride into a mud park only dump truck, not that they aren't cool i just want to add pure performance.. I alread know I probably couldn't subject my machine to the full capabilities of the HCR suspension but i may like to try.. ;-)
I dont want something top heavy or tippy but just high enough to get through some medium water..
I already have plans to get the trans bulletproofed and reduction, may go ahead and have the clutch done as well while its at the shop..
The machine would have 17.5" of clearance with 32" tires as per HCR.. and of course 18" with 33's... Downside is cost of course but it would be pretty hardcore
Is my thinking way off base for what i want to accomplish, would a 5" lift accomplish the same result without the added suspension travel?
Help a noob out
thanks guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
The kits you have identified are quite nice but you could achieve the same results with forward a arms paired with a standard 3” lift for a decent price. Also to round out the package, you could add rear arched offset a-arms which would also assist with the rear clearance. Also you could ask our SATV rep on this forum for a decent discount code!

SATV A-Arms:

SATV 3” Lift:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts