Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
that looks so sweet together. you definitely have skills!!! you remind me of my uncle with your resourcefulness. he had a king midget car and wanted the baby moon hubcaps. found them at a car meet for $100 per hubcap. and i think that was back in 1990 or so. he said there was no way he was going to pay that for the hubcaps. next time i saw the car, he had the hubcaps on. when i said i thought he wasn't going to pay for them, he said he didn't. he bought 4 of the "chrome" popcorn bowls from walmart, cut them down and made them fit. all for $4.95. no one ever knew until he told them. keep up the good work!!

Registered
Very Nice work TT, as always, you killed it!

Reactions: TaterTots

Registered
Awesome job......very well done. Looks like WisconsinNorthwoods type foliage in the back round too!!

Buck Musky (Chippewa County)

Registered
m
Thank you! :)
I took it for the first spin this evening! Everywhere I went, people asked me about it or pointed & smiled! lol! It pulls great even though the leaf springs are probably totally overkill. I think, if it'd fit, that little trailer could easily haul a rhinoceros! lol! It looks so cute all together! I love it.
I'm just waiting for the pigtails I ordered for the trailer lighting. It's the type that simply plug into the taillight connector. I could have just soldered into the wires, but these were so inexpensive and easy, why not. Once I've got those, the trailer lights will work.

View attachment 66789

View attachment 66790

View attachment 66791
My Gosh, my wife and I absolutely love the work you accomplished on that project!!!! Great job!

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Here鈥檚 the final update on the little trailer. I mentioned the other day that I had ordered a pigtail that just plugs into the taillight and I was going to use that to wire in a flat-4 trailer harness.

Well, I ordered the wrong one 馃檮 and instead of waiting yet another week to button up this project, I just decided to solder into the existing taillight wiring.

On my General, at the taillight, brown is ground, orange is brake and red w/yellow stripe is tail. I simply opened the factory loom, soldered the coinciding wires into those, coated each solder joint with rubber then sealed each with 3M electrical tape & stuck them back in the loom. I also enclosed the new trailer harness in 3/8 split loom and routed it down the frame to the receiver, being careful to avoid any pinch points or heat sources. I am designing a clip that will hold the flat 4 out of harm鈥檚 way at the receiver when the trailer isn鈥檛 hooked up.

It was a pretty simple wiring job and it came out nice & clean and works perfectly. 馃憤馃徎
I鈥檓 posting this from my iPhone so I hope the photos aren鈥檛 all wonky.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts