Polaris General Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
272 Posts
sorry never got the measurements for the bracket. I cannot find it in garage. It either grew legs or got tossed. What you made looks identical to one I had though. I love the tool tray in the Rigid box for holding a spare belt, fits perfect and is out of the way.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 2S
28 Posts
I welded up a frame with 3/4" tubing with four tabs drilled out, and then used the four lock n ride flip tabs to hold the frame down. Then just bolted the the boxes onto the frame, they fit perfectly in between the headache rack bars.
I ordered the rack recently and like your extra shelf idea. Do you have more pics of how the tube frame shelf attaches? Is it easily removable?

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General Deluxe
22 Posts
Just got mine done. I took BillTheTarget’s idea with the Ridgid box. Bolted the Rotopax tank on the side. Fatboy 10 cooler held in with e-track.
Where did you get the e-track piece that fits in the bed of the General?

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
78 Posts
We use the following Polaris lock and ride rear cargo box.
Works well for us and holds lots of stuff!

Rear Cargo Box, Black | Polaris GENERAL
I have 1 of these it works awesome lots of room ,can take out in a second , would recommend, only downfall is it take up most of bed, You’ve got enough room behind boxfor a chainsaw, it is fully waterproof .

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't read all of these posts so if this has been previously mentioned, sorry. Google Jemco Roto-Kap. They are a bit pricey but do a great job of keeping water and dust out. The box has two locks. They are making provisions to lock the drop down tailgate. Also has space on top to strap down items.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't read all of these posts so if this has been previously mentioned, sorry. Google Jemco Roto-Kap. They are a bit pricey but do a great job of keeping water and dust out. The box has two locks. They are making provisions to lock the drop down tailgate. Also has space on top to strap down items.
This is my plan also with a fuel option for the top of the Jemco.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Still doesnt answer the question. Where is Baja Charlie?
Wow I didn’t realize folks were looking for me.
Just an update: Wifey and me got a place over in South San Felipe last February and as her indentured servant I’ve been busy fixing the new place up. We’ve done a few day rides over here in the G4 but the folks around here are a bit less adventurous so it’s been day rides..... boring!! I do have a plan this February to do a trip down to our old stomping grounds San Francisquito and I’ll do a write up when I get back. So my new life schedule as dictated by my boss (wifey) is October to May in San Felipe and June to October in Punta Banda (South Ensenada)
Today here in San Felipe it’s 62 and cloudy so minimal solar charging today

In regards to fire extinguishers, I have two and fortunately I haven’t had to use them. I did have to use one when I had the Arctic Cr_p Prowler 1000 and it caught fire....... mighty handy considering it had a full five gallon propane tank in the passenger seat ..... (wifey forgot to take the parking brake off and drove off with it on and after about two miles the flames were coming out the back, I chased her down in my truck and got her to pull over and swoosh with the fire extinguisher it was all better)
On to racks and storage boxes, because I have a G4 I’ve got plenty of storage under the front seats and in a pinch I can always pull out one of my Kolpin boxes and stick in the bed (I bought them in 1998) them G2’s don’t have much room for stuff but they look fun.

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
15 Posts
What do you mean by "they are making provisions to lock the tailgate"? Is this something they are working on for the future or something they can offer now? I am considering purchasing the Jemco Roto-Kap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What do you mean by "they are making provisions to lock the tailgate"? Is this something they are working on for the future or something they can offer now? I am considering purchasing the Jemco Roto-Kap.
They weren't very specific about how or what they intended to do. I bought two black gate slide latches and attached them to the inside of the tailgate and they work great. When latched the tailgate doesn't move at all. The Roto Kap really keeps dust and water out and now I won't worry about anyone getting into whatever I store in the cargo box.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
15 Posts
They weren't very specific about how or what they intended to do. I bought two black gate slide latches and attached them to the inside of the tailgate and they work great. When latched the tailgate doesn't move at all. The Roto Kap really keeps dust and water out and now I won't worry about anyone getting into whatever I store in the cargo box.
Great idea! Did you also purchase the tailgate plugs from Jemco? Or did you come up with another idea for that?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts