Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put some type of Cargo/Storage box in the bed of my General to carry all my tools, belts, tire repair kit, etc. As for now I've been strapping a tool bag in the back but it's not weather resistant and everything gets wet and dirty. Just wondering what everyone is using or have built. Don't want to spend a ton of money and would like it to be easily removable if I need to use the box.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Google power packer they are hard shell storage containers of different sizes and will not collapse when strapped down have used these for many different purposes and currently have one strapped to my G2. I put my spare in the bed cut a piece of 3/4 marine grade plywood the exact shape of the bed place it on top of tire then box on top of that and strap the whole thing down using tie downs, then drop your gate and you have nice little cubby spaces on either side of your tire.

·
Registered
759 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love my Koplin’s!
I just finished mounting a rigid tool box in mine. They are water resistant with o-ring around the lid, the tool tray holds an extra belt out of harms way, and I have plug kit, jack, tire iron, etc below the tray. I got the rigid box from Home Depot for $29. The bracket a fabricator made cost me $100 but if you have ability to make one it is just sheet metal, 4 bolts and 2 lock n ride. The box is lockable and the lock and ride are lockable. The bracket allows for multiple mounting locations.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think the Polaris lock and ride box is great. I installed locks on the lids and it makes it very handy. It holds lots of stuff and is weather/dust proof.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just purchased and installed a Tonneau cover from Ryfab MFG. IOt attaches to the bed with tie downs like OEM. I had a Polaris Cargo Box ($309.00) that I used for several years it worked ok, but was hard to see inside and see what was where.
The new Ryfab Tonneau cover works great! Just got back from a 3 day trip using it, easy access, holds a lot more gear than the Polaris. So happy with it. Recommend it. Installation was relatively simple took about 2 hours. ( I'm old and slow

. My grandson helped, because it requires two people to lift and hold in place.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like the two KeniMoto boxes I have. They are almost identical to the Kolpin designs. These have a great seal and prevents water from getting in, plus, they are very easily removed if needed. You can also padlock them as well if you so desire. Still plenty of room for a cooler in between.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I like the two KeniMoto boxes I have. They are almost identical to the Kolpin designs. These have a great seal and prevents water from getting in, plus, they are very easily removed if needed. You can also padlock them as well if you so desire. Still plenty of room for a cooler in between.
View attachment 66186
View attachment 66187
[/URL][/URL][/URL]
Followed the link, shows out of stock. Searched Kemimoto on eBay, you have the "old" style 19 liter. Now they updated them to a 45 liter... and they protrude into the cargo box more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just purchased and installed a Tonneau cover from Ryfab MFG. IOt attaches to the bed with tie downs like OEM. I had a Polaris Cargo Box ($309.00) that I used for several years it worked ok, but was hard to see inside and see what was where.
The new Ryfab Tonneau cover works great! Just got back from a 3 day trip using it, easy access, holds a lot more gear than the Polaris. So happy with it. Recommend it. Installation was relatively simple took about 2 hours. ( I'm old and slow

. My grandson helped, because it requires two people to lift and hold in place.
I have the same tonneau cover and love it. It is waterproof, and lockable.
I talked them into deleting the rack on the top and powerdercoating it black with a crinkle finish. I've gotton a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Followed the link, shows out of stock. Searched Kemimoto on eBay, you have the "old" style 19 liter. Now they updated them to a 45 liter... and they protrude into the cargo box more.

I don't know why, it says there are still 10 available. I was able to put them into my cart as well. eBay item number 113955430437 .

1 - 20 of 48 Posts