Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a short ride this evening. Was kinda late when we got to the cabin but had to take it out for a little while!:grin2: I like the Maxxis tires better on this one than the dirt commanders. The engine brake is a lot stronger on this one than the last. This thing will throw you out of the seat at slower speeds. The center console has a padded cover. Thats a nice simple upgrade. Hoping to put some miles on tomorrow. Maybe go to Cinnabar Mine by yellowpine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Nice looking view's be nice to have rides like that near me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea we are pretty lucky out west. It's always a fight to keep trails open. We have some great people doing everything they can to make sure we can use our off road vehicles across the state.

·
Registered
27 Posts
gmman5; Hey I'm new to the forum and to riding here in the Boise area. Was wondering if you happen to know of any clubs or organizations that go out riding in the area? If you could point me in the direction of some local trails or info that would be great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup here is a link to the local UTV club. Idaho UTV
Idaho UTV Club ? Idaho UTV club headquarters!
They have club rides all posted on the website. They meet once a month at the Idaho pizza in Meridian. I think it is the first Wednesday of the month in the evening.
Not sure what you are using if anything for navigation. But I can probably get you some pretty cool rides that you can follow on a android tablet using the Back Country Navigator app. Might be going on a ride with a few people this Sunday. Not for sure where yet. Maybe Leslie Gulch or Silver City. Let me know if your interested. Send me a PM
Oh and welcome to The forum and side by side ownership. No better way to travel....offroad. :grin2:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Another for Idaho UTV. Also join the facebook group. Some private invitations pop up and one of the best way to meet folks and learn some of the areas. Always a good idea to not go alone but I like small groups. I hope to make to the ride from Horseshoe Bend to Placerville and Crouch. Havn't heard anyone making to Silver City yet and it will be muddy this weekend. That stuff is like superglue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup here is a link to the local UTV club. Idaho UTV
Idaho UTV Club ? Idaho UTV club headquarters!
They have club rides all posted on the website. They meet once a month at the Idaho pizza in Meridian. I think it is the first Wednesday of the month in the evening.
Not sure what you are using if anything for navigation. But I can probably get you some pretty cool rides that you can follow on a android tablet using the Back Country Navigator app. Might be going on a ride with a few people this Sunday. Not for sure where yet. Maybe Leslie Gulch or Silver City. Let me know if your interested. Send me a PM
Oh and welcome to The forum and side by side ownership. No better way to travel....offroad. :grin2:
Thanks for the info and I'll definitely check them out. As far as going out on sunday, I might take you up on that. I'll PM you if I'm able (15 post min to be able). As far as a GPS, don't have one yet but thinking I might get a hand held that I can use for hunting.

Another for Idaho UTV. Also join the facebook group. Some private invitations pop up and one of the best way to meet folks and learn some of the areas. Always a good idea to not go alone but I like small groups. I hope to make to the ride from Horseshoe Bend to Placerville and Crouch. Havn't heard anyone making to Silver City yet and it will be muddy this weekend. That stuff is like superglue.
Ya that ride from Horseshoe Bend to Placerville should be a good ride. Silver City, I've tried 2 times and no dice yet. Between all the mud and all the snow....not sure when people may make it up there but I really want to get there. I kinda want to bring my gold pan to just say I've panned up there:grin2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info and I'll definitely check them out. As far as going out on sunday, I might take you up on that. I'll PM you if I'm able (15 post min to be able). As far as a GPS, don't have one yet but thinking I might get a hand held that I can use for hunting.

Ya that ride from Horseshoe Bend to Placerville should be a good ride. Silver City, I've tried 2 times and no dice yet. Between all the mud and all the snow....not sure when people may make it up there but I really want to get there. I kinda want to bring my gold pan to just say I've panned up there:grin2:
Just talked with a guy yesterday that said he drove his truck up there and went through to Jordan Valley. So at least the main road sounds open. Also found a cool trail that takes you the back way into succor creek. Made a small video of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ya that looks like a good ride there. I'm all for it, I'll definitely hit you up for that ride.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yea we are pretty lucky out west. It's always a fight to keep trails open. We have some great people doing everything they can to make sure we can use our off road vehicles across the state.
This is the reason EVERYBODY should join a club of some sort and remain active. Good clubs keep their members informed on pending legislation and send representatives to testify in front of the governing bodies in favor of our sport. If you're driving your UTV around town in Idaho right now you can thank the major clubs around the state for that. We worked with state legislators to get that approved statewide and then followed up the next year when the wording in the law needed to be tweaked to include "speed limits up to 45 mph" instead of "speed limits less than 45mph". The "within 1 mile of city limits", ability to cross state highways at controlled intersections, trail maintenance on Forest Service land because they can't afford to and would likely close the trails as a result, ensuring a portion of the gas taxes goes back to OHV services funding etc. etc. etc. :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts