Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 General sport and just installed a SATV 3” lift kit. I wanna put 30” tires on but I’m really thinking about staying with the stock 12” rims For now because of money. It has 27x11x12 on the rear and 27x9x12 on the front stock. Wondering if I can put 30x10x12 tires on the front and back stock rims ? I can’t find what the stock rim offsets are but would I need wheel spacers or just put the tires on ? Anyone run the ITP mud lites on utv’s ? Thanks for any ideas

·
Registered
339 Posts
Id look for another set of stock take offs and then use all 4 front wheels and put your 30 inch tires on that way.. its way cheaper than all new rims and it still looks cool... mine has the factory 14x 6 wheels all 4 corners with 28x11 itp blackwater evolutions no spacers it all clears fine

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
And id stay away from the mudlites.. they peal apart from the inside out.. they do not like the weight of utvs.. lots of people with rzr 800s use them but as soon as u get heavy like us the tires will fail seen lots first hand and heard loys of stories

·
Registered
2021 General
53 Posts
You should be alright, I just went to stock XP rims and 30x9x15 crawlers in front and 30x10x15 crawlers in back and had to run 2" spacers because of the offset on stock XP rims
2021 sport

·
Registered
2021 General Sport Model
63 Posts
I would stay with the 12” rims as long as you can. There is very, very little difference between 12” and 14” wheels other than the bling factor for any tire size under 30”. Depending on your riding style, the 12” wheels are actually better in many situations. They have more sidewall flex which give you a smoother ride and is better for almost everything except going around corners fast with low air pressure. Low air pressure means more pinch flats so that’s not recommended. Shock Therapist has an excellent video about what tire pressure you should be running and at the recommended tire pressure of about 15# you’ll be very hard pressed to notice a difference in cornering. Also, the only advantage to have one size wheel is so you can carry one size spare, which is generally a small consideration since it doesn’t hurt anything to simply carry the narrower wheel as long as the tire diameter is the sane.

That being said it’s really hard to find tires bigger than 27” for 12” wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. ITP blackwater evolution makes a 30x10x12 tire for $172 each. Can I run a 10” tire on the stock front rims ? They are 9” on it stock so I assume the front rim is 6” and rears are 7” ?

·
Registered
2021 General
53 Posts
Sure you can run a 10” on the 6x12, I think the back rims are 8” wide
2020general premium is running 28x11 on stock front 6x14 rims

·
Registered
2021 General Sport
24 Posts
I have a 2021 General sport and just installed a SATV 3” lift kit. I wanna put 30” tires on but I’m really thinking about staying with the stock 12” rims For now because of money. It has 27x11x12 on the rear and 27x9x12 on the front stock. Wondering if I can put 30x10x12 tires on the front and back stock rims ? I can’t find what the stock rim offsets are but would I need wheel spacers or just put the tires on ? Anyone run the ITP mud lites on utv’s ? Thanks for any ideas
I bought a set of 14 x 29 wheels and tires from a RZR for $250 to put on mine, no problems but 2" narrower wheelbase. I bought a set of 2" spacers for $100 on Ebay, so I will gain 2" overall when I put them on. RZR takeoffs are pretty easy to find and the owners like to upgrade....

·
Registered
2021 General Sport
24 Posts
I bought a set of 14 x 29 wheels and tires from a RZR for $250 to put on mine, no problems but 2" narrower wheelbase. I bought a set of 2" spacers for $100 on Ebay, so I will gain 2" overall when I put them on. RZR takeoffs are pretty easy to find and the owners like to upgrade....
I put the spacers on today and rode around my property....seems like it even rides softer now, plus the handling is great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm thinking about upgrading the stock tires on my 2019 Premium to ITP Ultracross R Spec 29x11Rx14 on the rear and 29x9Rx14 on the front.
My riding in NW Wisconsin averages 15% blacktop, 20% gravel roads, 50% improved/graded trails, 10% frozen lakes, and 5% true off-road.
My plan is to keep my stock wheels and use the money saved on the Gilomen tune and clutch upgrade.
Your thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts