Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 GXP4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22 XP4 32 in carnivores on stock rims
Had thumper Fab foward a arms and tire rods installed about a month ago. Just noticed the inside of my tires rubbing on the back side and contacting the bottom of the shock bracket. In the pic you can see it touching at full turn just sitting in my garage. Both tires are making contact in the same place.

Any suggestions thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Wondering if changing wheels to a different offset would help.
Is there a bump stop that can be adjusted so it won't go as far on full turn?

Reactions: deanrowski

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
489 Posts
Most forward arms come with steering stops. Did this one not?
You could do steering stops, more offset wheels, or spacers. Personally, I'd go for stops if you can handle a slightly worse turning radius

·
Registered
22 GXP4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My local shop installed the parts. I will have to ask them if they seen the stops or what happened to them. Where we ride it is pretty thick woods so decreased turning radius may not be ideal. I have heard offsets and 5+2 wheels may be rough on wheel bearings, but they may help with stability on some of the side hilling off camber stuff.
I appreciate the ideas so far Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
You don't say what the cross section of your 32 inch tires are. I doubt that the fronts are 9 inches, like stock. When you put wider tires on the wheels, the sidewalls bulge out from the wheel. It looks like that's what the problem is. Wider wheels will reduce that bulged sidewall. And different offset wheels, or wheel spacers will also give you more clearance. The right situation would be to have your wheels approximately 2 inches narrower than the cross section of your tires. That makes for a better ride, and more even tread wear.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Where we ride it is pretty thick woods so decreased turning radius may not be ideal.
Put a little toe out on them. That way the inner tire pulls you through the corner instead of the outer tire pushing you through. My G4 will make turns that X3's (2 seat) can't make.

I have heard offsets and 5+2 wheels may be rough on wheel bearings, but they may help with stability on some of the side hilling off camber stuff.
Wheel bearings are cheap (relatively speaking). I replace all 4 every winter as part of routine maintenance. I run 4+3's.

·
Registered
22 GXP4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talked to TF and they said I definitely need to run the wheel stops with stock wheels. If I was going to run stock wheels and no wheel stops then I would need at least 1.5 in spacers or equivalent offset wheels. They also said it states somewhere on the website or in the installation manual that you can't run stock wheels without one of these setups. I couldn't find those statements anywhere, but nonetheless I got some 1.5 in spacers and we will see how they work. Only reason I am writing this is because I have read and watched in a few places they said oh yeah you can run up to 34s or 35s no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts