Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,214 Posts
These are what I use. Get the V bar chains. Just the links aren't worth it, the general isn't heavy enough to get good traction with just links. Also get the rubber band tensioner, keeps em nice and tight. I can do 50 mph and the chains dont hardly ballon at all

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are what I use. Get the V bar chains. Just the links aren't worth it, the general isn't heavy enough to get good traction with just links. Also get the rubber band tensioner, keeps em nice and tight. I can do 50 mph and the chains dont hardly ballon at all

Thanks for the information. I can find the chains based on the part number in your picture. Do you have a source for the rubber tensioners?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Rubber tensioners can be found at fleet farm or on ebay. They're pretty cheap, like $20. Only like an 8" circle collapsed, but stretch nicely and hold dang tight...

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General XP 1000 Deluxe (Ride Command Edition)
2 Posts
Is it possible for you to post a link to these? I am new to snow chains and when I look up the Moose #60010 they don't seem to be in the size I need.

I'm looking for chains for a 2022 Polaris General XP1000 Deluxe with these:
View attachment 78703

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Is it possible for you to post a link to these? I am new to snow chains and when I look up the Moose #60010 they don't seem to be in the size I need.

I'm looking for chains for a 2022 Polaris General XP1000 Deluxe with these:
View attachment 78703
These chains fit my 22 xp with stock 30" tires perfectly... actually they were a touch large. If memory serves me correctly I had 3 extra links to make them longer yet if I wanted. But I run my chains as tight as I can. Better traction and they don't hit anything that way...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts