Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here been lurking for a while. Anyways I just got past the break in period and decided to go to a local orv park and ended up busting a tie rod deep in the woods. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for tougher tie rods. I have a 2020 g4 xp i looked at a few and they all say not compatible with the 2020 xp.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Being the XP is a new beast it might be awhile before parts fitting it are out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my searches are coming up empty. Gonna call a dealer on Monday see what they have to say poor girls only 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had made contact with super ATV and they are working on making a set of upgrades. They seemed to think that Polaris may have used parts from one in the Rzr family. Maybe try to cross reference and see if they will work. Like Johnny said these machines are a new beast, but I can't imaging that Polaris came up with a new part just for these. They did put an upgraded high output power steering in them, so who knows. I bet a trip to the Polaris dealer and a tape measure would help find out what they used. If you do figure it out, make sure to post your findings, so we all know then.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah my searches are coming up empty. Gonna call a dealer on Monday see what they have to say poor girls only 2 weeks old.
That is sad to be down so soon! How did you break it? I've had mine in some pretty good rocky stuff and haven't had any issues. I'll bet there was a defect in your part and it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is sad to be down so soon! How did you break it? I've had mine in some pretty good rocky stuff and haven't had any issues. I'll bet there was a defect in your part and it should be covered under warranty.
I would say it was a defect. I did climb the local rock structure with no issues. Went into the woods came up to a mud pit and tried to steer out of a pretty shallow rut and it just popped. Took us 5 hours to straighten and walk the wheel out of the woods and through the rest of the pits.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow, that's crazy

·
Registered
781 Posts
I heard of one other guy bend or break one on his XP, it was several months back. I'll try and find the thread

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here was his post

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks like he only had two posts in this thread that was four months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm gonna start calling around tomrrow see what the dealers and different aftermarket companies are saying. Ill be pushing for a warranty fix but still gonna try and get bigger aftermarket par

·
Registered
781 Posts
So I was just looking at Rzr's that are 64" wide, the RS1, RZR XP 1000, RZR XP 1000 trail and rocks, RZR XP Turbo and the Pro XP. Maybe one of these would match up and then one could look for upgraded parts to the one that matches up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well I'm gonna start calling around tomrrow see what the dealers and different aftermarket companies are saying. Ill be pushing for a warranty fix but still gonna try and get bigger aftermarket par
That's actually why I contacted Erik, with super ATV, I would like to do the same and carry the stock one for a backup.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
367 Posts
That's actually why I contacted Erik, with super ATV, I would like to do the same and carry the stock one for a backup.
Polaris says that, end to end, that rack is a completely different part than anything else. I'm thinking that a regular Turbo or XP1k tie rod kit could and should work....but we haven't tested one out yet to see. Not sure why it wouldn't. I can only image issues if the tie rod end hardware is different or if the inner ball and socket needs a different thread pitch for the rack. I've got some guys that are going to try to get a try-on for me out in the shop, but I'm nut sure when they'll get to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts