Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a purchase and wanted input from other owners regarding noise and heat. I currently own a Can Am Commander and I am considering selling it. I have enjoyed my Can Am but am wondering if the general might be a little quieter and maybe put off less heat because engine is behind the seats instead of in between. Can Am seem to have a little more noise from belt and diff than some other machines I have been in and I am thinking this might be a little better options. Thoughts?

·
1,563 Posts
image.jpeg
Oh boy! You need some of this! You will enjoy the General! One ride and you will forget you ever owned a commander!
Welcome! Now drink up!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't notice much heat, never road in the can am so I can't say about noise.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
I've been on slow and fast trail rides, and haven't noticed any excess heat. I don't have any Windows, so I have no filter to engine noise. It is a little loud, but not so much so, that you're yelling to the passenger. I have thoroughly enjoyed my General so far.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I am considering a purchase and wanted input from other owners regarding noise and heat. I currently own a Can Am Commander and I am considering selling it. I have enjoyed my Can Am but am wondering if the general might be a little quieter and maybe put off less heat because engine is behind the seats instead of in between. Can Am seem to have a little more noise from belt and diff than some other machines I have been in and I am thinking this might be a little better options. Thoughts?
Having never owned a Can Am side by side I cannot confirm the caparison but the General in my opinion is fairly quiet I had a CF Moto and the motor was under and between the seats and it was VERY loud!!:smile2:

·
Registered
162 Posts
def quieter,and way less heat:grin2:my buddy bought a commander last year and he is sad sad sad:wink2:i rode in his last may and it was hot as **** in there,and only 65 to 70 degrees outside!!!its funny when we ride now he wants to take my general and leave the wife's home>:)>:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Never had a Can't Am. Lol but love my general.. and for the noise. I call it music because I come from riding a Harley for years. And my General has some wart that same rumble that keeps me smiling !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts