Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I was hoping to get opinions from others on what they use for theft prevention or deterrent. I was thinking of purchasing a “club“ style baton that connects the pedal to the steering wheel.

There is a trail head in the Everglades where I ride but UTVs are not allowed Past a certain point. I have to leave the vehicle parked and walk 2-3 miles down the trail to go fishing with my son. The whole time I can’t stopt worrying about my parked General.

is there anything aftermarket to lock the transmission lever?

what I worry about the most is somebody showing up in another ATV or UTV putting my general in neutral and away it goes.

thank you

·
Registered
108 Posts
Polaris general Spring brake thingy...look it up

It's not a perfect solution but it will make it harder...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I lock mine with the spring brake thingy as well. I also have a cable lock that I always have with me. If they really want it they will get it! The clubs are easy to defeat, they just cut through the steering wheel with a hacksaw in less than a minute.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Put a chain or preferably a cable through both front or both rear wheels. One cable/chain reaching through both wheels.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good Insurance! If they want it bad enough they will find a way to take it.
Yup I have a battery operated grinder that will bypass all these...but the easiest to setup and remove and keep the "more honest" thief away from steal ur ride is the spring brake thingy....
They will hop in thinking nuetral and go and then it won't move far.....and when u come back u will know someone tried something and plan another alert.....like motion activated alarm ( as long as it is close enough to hear it)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Another possible solution is the RZR Tracker. You can set a geo fence so if someone does take it, you will know immediately (assuming where you are going has cell service).

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Hmmm...maybe an alarm that senses when someone sits in the driver's seat with a real loud siren...that'll teach 'em!

Pirate

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hidden dead man switch . Flip the switch and no ignition . Although a few years ago a local with a honda had it drug over a mile in gear then loaded so a nothing would have saved it except maybe a loud a$$ alarm . Good insurance is mandatory .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hidden dead man switch . Flip the switch and no ignition . Although a few years ago a local with a honda had it drug over a mile in gear then loaded so a nothing would have saved it except maybe a loud a$$ alarm . Good insurance is mandatory .
Ya that won't help it from being put in nuetral

·
Registered
70 Posts
When i use to repoe yachts in Florida only thing that stopped me (or slowed me) was a hidden kill switch. Take me an extra 15 minutes to hot wire right off the motor(unless I found the hidden switch)and then I still didn't have guages, might work?

·
Registered
108 Posts
When i use to repoe yachts in Florida only thing that stopped me (or slowed me) was a hidden kill switch. Take me an extra 15 minutes to hot wire right off the motor(unless I found the hidden switch)and then I still didn't have guages, might work?
Original post is worried about being put in nuetral and pulled away..
The only thing a kill switch will help is if the person has a key to start it
...If u had another boat u could still tow that boat away pretty quick and then figure out the wiring elsewhere..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use 2 things going for prevention.
Spring brank thingy with padlock.
Somebody on this site recommended the "Wheel chock lock" from amazon that comes as a 2 pack. I bot it and use the one on the trailer. Not sure about the high strength quality as mkeddie161 mentioned a grinder would cut through it (probably) but I would say they are easy to use/store along with being another physical security deterrent.

...thieves are the lowest of the low.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another possible solution is the RZR Tracker. You can set a geo fence so if someone does take it, you will know immediately (assuming where you are going has cell service).
RZR tracker also has Gorilla Compact UTV Alarm . I have owned 3 of the trackers for over 3 years, they work great. CJ the owner of RZR Tracker will help you set them, he is cool to deal with & has excellent customer support, he answers his phone when you call or returns your call promptly.
I called him with some questions before I bought & was impressed, also got an additional discount.
CJ cell # 918-704-5440

1 - 20 of 22 Posts