Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on getting this trailer for a g4. I have been looking for a trailer for a long time. I really like the Aluma trailers but man are they pricey. I was going back and forth between tandom axle and single. Then I came across this one 14ft 5,200lb axle and only weighs 950 lbs. This way i can pull it behind the general and haul the general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Working on getting this trailer for a g4. I have been looking for a trailer for a long time. I really like the Aluma trailers but man are they pricey. I was going back and forth between tandom axle and single. Then I came across this one 14ft 5,200lb axle and only weighs 950 lbs. This way i can pull it behind the general and haul the general. View attachment 67544
Cool, I am picking my new trailer up tomorrow I would love to have a aluminum trailer to reduce weight towing. My 2020 Silverado with 5.3 doesn’t like towing my current 7x12 that weighs 1300 lbs. The 7x16 tandem axle I am picking up weighs 1900 lbs. My truck got 11 mpg at 70 with my xp ranger. I imagine now hauling a XP4 General and larger trailer it is only going to get worse

·
Registered
3 Posts
As an owner of more than (10) trailers, my strong advice is to never ever consider a single axle trailer again! Single axle trailers have left me stranded in situations where a dual axle trailer would have at least let me limp along to a better spot to start repairs. A dual axle with a tire removed, or the axle pulled up off the ground using a ratchet strap has allowed me to get on down the road on the remaining (3) or even (2) tires. Just sharing my thoughts.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
The other issue I see is that with the engine in the rear of the machine, most of your weight will be towards the rear of your trailer, possibly causing serious fishtailing. Unless you load rear first. I would recommend 16’ tandem. Just my thoughts!😎

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have hauled a few trailers in my life. I agree the tandom would be nice but for what I am doing this will work out just fine. A bottle jack and a spare I can have a flat changed in under 30 min. I have only had 1 flat on a tandom and I did have to limp that to a local tire shop. Trailer will probably only see 1000 miles per year. Mostly used to go to local campground.

The trailer price is $3,400 vs an aluma at $5,700 for 7814TA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tandem for sure, but I see you knew what you wanted anywho so doesn't really matter. As long as you are happy that is all that matters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wasn't really looking for a debate between whats better. I was just showing a trailer that is going to work best for me. The trailer will be used 90% of the time hauling lawn mowers, brush, logs, grills and everything we use on our campsite. This trailer will be much more easier to move around the yard and and will get pulled with the general when doing yard work.

To each is their own. Different strokes for different folks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts