Polaris General Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
When you can't get out and ride, the next best thing is to buy more accessories. ? It's been in the 70's here for the last 4-5 days, but here I sit. (I have gotten a LOT of yard work done) 25 and snowing today, so that makes it easier to stay indoors... Decided I would buy some Seizmik mirrors and try them out. Also upgraded the air filter to an R2C Extreme Series air filter. Been running an R2C on my ATV for several years now. Also ran one on the General. Cleanable, no oil filter. Great product!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Stumbled across a deal I couldn't pass up yesterday. 4WheelParts has a sale on their BFG KM3 UTV tires. $180 off a set of four. Not a lot of info out on these tires, but what little I have found has been all good. Figured that since I was going to go to a 32" tire when I replaced the OEM 31" Carnivore (only available through Kawasaki at a HUGE price tag) I would jump at this sale and give them a try. I've never seen one in person, and have no clue if I will like them or not. Only one way to find out... 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
We have the KM2's and really like them. No problems at all.

Reactions: bobx2

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sure is a good looking tire. I used to run 35" KM2's on my Camo Beast and was very pleased with them. Do you know how much they weigh?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Sure is a good looking tire. I used to run 35" KM2's on my Camo Beast and was very pleased with them. Do you know how much they weigh?
Hard to find many specs on them, but from what I've been able to dig up, it looks like the 32-10-15 weighs in at about 42/43 lbs. Almost 5 lbs more than the 31" Maxxis Carnivores that come stock on the KRX.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
A little fun in the sun and mud yesterday.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hard to find many specs on them, but from what I've been able to dig up, it looks like the 32-10-15 weighs in at about 42/43 lbs. Almost 5 lbs more than the 31" Maxxis Carnivores that come stock on the KRX.
That's not bad for a 32 inch tire

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
That's not bad for a 32 inch tire
I thought it seemed reasonable. Right in the ballpark with most other 32's. Lot of guys run 35's on these machines. They bolt right on with no mods needed. Kind of had my eye on the Maxxis Rampage. It only weighs in at about 35 lbs, but it also has a max load rating of only 505 lbs. They would be completely maxed out on the KRX. My machine has a wet weight of 1890 lbs. Add myself, my wife and our two dogs and those tires would be over loaded by at least 85 lbs per tire. Not going to do that. The BFG's have a load rating of over 1000 lbs. at low psi, and is a steel belted radial. Should be durable as all get out.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
So I got home from work Friday to find this nice set of BFG's waiting for me. Pretty good looking tire and I think they should perform pretty good here in the rocky mountains.
However, there is one major problem with them and they must go back. They sent me the wrong **** set. LOL Rolled one up next to the KRX and was disappointed that they were barely as tall as the 31" Carnivores. That led to a closer examination of the new tires. :unsure: Ordered 32x10x15. They got the 10 part of the order right, and had the correct size listed on the receipt. 30x10x14 just aint gonna work. :LOL: Called them right away and told them what had happened. They said they would try and locate the right tires and will get back to me. I still haven't heard anything back. I hope this doesn't escalate into a much larger problem. Good thing these are a "want", and not a "need".

OOPS!!!!!!!

I really did order the correct size. LOL

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Meanwhile, these two couldn't care less about the stupid tires. They just want to go ride. They often times help to keep things in perspective.😃

·
Registered
239 Posts
very nice. love the dogs. you open the door on my truck and you can't keep my dog out of it. but she does NOT like the sxs. weirdo!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So my good deal is being returned for a refund. Apparently the 32-10-15's are on back order, with no time table for them to become available. Their best "guess" was late June. Thanks but no thanks. They already took my money for a product they didn't have, and now want to just hold onto my money indefinitely. I don't play that game. Guess my search will continue for my next "best" tire. (or deal I just can't pass up) LOL

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
That was a short hunt. Got a tip on the RZR forum on where to possibly locate my 32" KM3's. Called 'em up and found them for just $11 more per tire than my previous deal. We'll see if I actually get the right size delivered this time. 😄
ProUTVParts.com

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
What do you know? Got the right size this time. :) Hopefully they are more durable than the Carnivores. Great tires but, the granite rocks around here are taking their toll on the Carnivores.

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Our Memorial Day outing.

Reactions: Corbo1962 and MMX

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
And a couple more.

Reactions: Corbo1962 and MMX

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I would have guessed they would be DOT approved but the picture says no.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I would have guessed they would be DOT approved but the picture says no.
Yeah, from the looks you would think so. However, I don't care because we can't legally ride on roads in Colorado anyway, so it doesn't matter. I would bet that any law enforcement would likely assume they are DOT approved as well.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts