Polaris General Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The best $23 you can spend on your rig. Had one on the General for two years. Awesome light. Figured I had better get one on the KRX as well.
Auxbeam.com Cheap, but really good lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Great post Bob!
I’m not big on nighttime off roading simply because I’m old and although my eye sight is 20/20 (thanks to cataract lens replacement surgery) it’s just not recommended down here in Baja. (The ranchers let the cows and horses run free)
So imagine running stock headlights at night and coming around a blind corner into Rancher Jose’s prized bull. We try not running at night but sometimes it can’t be avoided because of a trail breakdown or ???. So we all run auxiliary lights just in case. I too run LED Off Road lights on the front bumper and fortunately I’ve only had to use them once and I was darn happy to have them.

Cheers
Baja Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I very seldom ride at night so I don't like to spend big $$$ on lights. When I do go for a night ride it's on a trail and no high speeds. This cheap light bar turns night into day, and is all the light I could ever need. It lights up the road better than my truck running high beams, no shadows on the trail and is remarkably durable. Did I mention it cost $23 delivered to my door? :grin2: I believe my Mictuning wiring harness (wiring, relay, lighted rocker switch) cost me about $14. Less than $40 all in. Just can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got the KRX out for it's first official trail ride this weekend. A little snow, a little ice, some rocky trails, a few slick hill climbs and a lot of fun. I believe it's a keeper. Very impressive trail machine. I do believe some front fender flares may be my next purchase... :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bobx2. Looked at a KRX yesterday and noticed a silver colored lever inside the rear wheels and dealer salesperson had no idea what the are. Is it something to do with the emergency hand brake?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Bob,
Just by your pics the unit sure seems to be Heavy Duty built. Will have to look at one some day at a dealer. Any regrets or miss certain things the General had but not this?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Bobx2. Looked at a KRX yesterday and noticed a silver colored lever inside the rear wheels and dealer salesperson had no idea what the are. Is it something to do with the emergency hand brake?
I assume you could be talking about the rock kickers. They keep small rocks from getting up between the caliper and the wheel, which is a bad thing. They are below the caliper. There is also a hand brake in the KRX. That could also be what you were seeing. I think that cable actuated lever is on the top of the caliper. You didn't by chance get a picture of it, did you?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Bob,
Just by your pics the unit sure seems to be Heavy Duty built. Will have to look at one some day at a dealer. Any regrets or miss certain things the General had but not this?
It is a heavy duty built machine. Many standard components are bigger and more heavy duty than most "heavy duty" aftermarket parts you will find for other machines.
So far the only thing I miss that the General had is the center console. That was a great feature, and handy storage. The KRX has a ton of room for storage behind the seats where I carry a couple of tool bags, and room for backpacks and such. However, the console was handy to get into. Other than that, so far, I like everything about the KRX, and don't miss the General at all. With still less than 150 miles on it I haven't done everything with it that I did with the General. When the snow melts and I get the opportunity to do some real riding with the KRX, then I will be better able to answer your question. I think my April Moab trip will pretty much give me my answers.
New video by Bob Laws

·
Registered
199 Posts
I assume you could be talking about the rock kickers. They keep small rocks from getting up between the caliper and the wheel, which is a bad thing. They are below the caliper. There is also a hand brake in the KRX. That could also be what you were seeing. I think that cable actuated lever is on the top of the caliper. You didn't by chance get a picture of it, did you?
No picture but is below the caliper so rock kicker would make sense. It's a shame the sales people don't know their products better. Thanks for reply.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
No picture but is below the caliper so rock kicker would make sense. It's a shame the sales people don't know their products better. Thanks for reply.
LOL. I agree. I do a ton of research on pretty much everything before I buy something.(drives my wife absolutely nuts) The sales manager said I knew a lot more about the KRX than he did and, in fact, had a couple of questions for me about it. ;) I find it's easier to not get handed a load of crap when the sales folks realize they can't BS me about whatever it is I'm buying. If they don't like it and still keep trying to shovel the waste material at me, I shop elsewhere.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
On a whim I signed in and checked my RMATV wishlist. I had a set of Tusk Quiet Glide 3/8" UHMW skid plates in there that were supposed to be available Feb. 21. To my surprise, they were shown as In Stock. Broke out the old debit card and they should be at my house tomorrow. 😁 Absolutely hate not having a good set of skid plates protecting my underside, but none have been available other than the Kawasaki offering. Had Factory UTV plates on the General, but they don't have any listed for the KRX yet. Supposed to have them out sometime this month. I'll see how the Tusk plates compare to the very expensive FUTV plates. Both 3/8" UHMW.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Took a picture of mine today after I put the rear bumper on. The big silver bar at the bottom is the rock kicker.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts