Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bobx2. Nice new ride sir! Been reading about it and love some of the features such as the Belt Temp gauge and the clear plastic oil indicator fir the engine and differentials. And of that oil filter position! Hope you enjoy and keep us posted on your likes or dislikes if there is any.
Thank you, and I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have to admit that if I lived in the area of the country that you do i would definitely consider it as a option but here in Ohio, NY, WV and PA where I do all of my riding primarily on tight woodland trails it would just be too much machine not to mention on a lot of the state owned riding areas I would not be able to get through the gates. A lot of the National forest trails in my area still have a 50” width restriction they need to change that soon as more and more guys are going to 60-72” machines.

For that same reason, I will keep my Rzr800 Trail, New Mexico has tons of trails with the 50" restriction!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My windshield showed up today. Very similar to the Ryfab windshield I had on the General, with the vents across the bottom. Nice thing about these is that they open far enough that you can see right through them when fully open for better vision of the trail up close to the front end.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bobx2
They’ll be racing them, it’s In Kawasaki’s blood and with the announcement that Honda is putting together a full factory effort for their Talons, it’s just a matter of time.
I’m not a big “more power guy” because I’d venture to say most of us don’t have the skills to drive our rigs to their full potential, so Bobx2 drive this new machine to the best of your skills and if you get time, please check in time to time with your thoughts and impressions.
Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bobx2
They’ll be racing them, it’s In Kawasaki’s blood and with the announcement that Honda is putting together a full factory effort for their Talons, it’s just a matter of time.
I’m not a big “more power guy” because I’d venture to say most of us don’t have the skills to drive our rigs to their full potential, so Bobx2 drive this new machine to the best of your skills and if you get time, please check in time to time with your thoughts and impressions.
Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

Cheers
Baja Charlie
Thank you BC, and a very Merry Christmas to you as well.
I also don't have the big power bug. Don't know that I've ever ridden anywhere that I need 160+ HP. Where I ride you will lose traction before you run out of power, not to mention the reduced possibility of breaking parts from the excess power.
After today I'm off work for the next two weeks and hope to get some good seat time in. Unfortunately it will probably mostly be up at the local MX track, since the mountains are snow covered now. (and I don't have a winch yet) Need to get my break in done so I can open it up a bit. :grin2:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've got to say had one of these been available, and in a 4-seater, when I bought the General, I would have bought one of these. Fit and finish are better than even Can-Am and everything is nice and beefy. No need to upgrade things like A-Arms or radius rods because they are already bigger and stronger than even some AM parts.

Only concern is power. It weighs as much as a G4 with just a little more power. Would have liked to see 130-140 in it with that weight, but may in the future.

Enjoy the ride. :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got a couple more miles on it today. I really don't think power is going to be an issue. It's not a race car, and doesn't have the instant snap on throttle like the General has, but I think it will have plenty when I can actually really get on it. (I HATE the break in process) A necessary evil I suppose.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you had a chance to use that reduced power feature and what do you think of it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the new Kawi Bobx2. I remember you from the old Polaris atv forums back when we both had Sportsman 850xp's lol. Anyway, I had a moment were after my Sportsman I wanted to do something I had never done. I switched from Polaris. I have been riding for over 20 years now and the Kawasaki Teryx 800 was probably the worst machine I have ever owned. I hope the new KRX 1000 is much improved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked one of these out at our local shop and am was impressed with the quality of the machine, but stayed with buying the general as it fit my needs more we will see. but anyway congratulations on the new ride i think they look awesome

·
Registered
187 Posts
This will be an interesting SXS to keep an eye on, the word robust comes to mind. Go for it, inquiring minds are waiting.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congrats on the new Kawi Bobx2. I remember you from the old Polaris atv forums back when we both had Sportsman 850xp's lol. Anyway, I had a moment were after my Sportsman I wanted to do something I had never done. I switched from Polaris. I have been riding for over 20 years now and the Kawasaki Teryx 800 was probably the worst machine I have ever owned. I hope the new KRX 1000 is much improved.
Hopefully I don't have the same experience that you had. You are about the only one that I've heard that didn't really like their Teryx. So far I have nothing but good things to say about my KRX. Granted I only have 50+ miles on it, so time will tell. This is my first venture away from Polaris.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Have you had a chance to use that reduced power feature and what do you think of it?
I played around with it a little and don't really think it will get much use. I don't know, I just don't see much use for it. Maybe when I get to do some more technical type riding I will try it again, but as smooth as the throttle is with the centrifugal clutch plus the CVT, I don't see ever needing it. It really cuts back the power and just seems strange. I'll report more on it at a later date when I can try it for what it is supposed to be used for.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I took the KRX out to the MX track and put about 40 miles on it out there. Even keeping it around half throttle or so due to breaking it in, I can say that the handling and suspension on this thing is light years ahead of what my General was. I know that is to be expected with this setup, with 19" front and 21" rear suspension travel, but WOW! I had no idea what a difference it would really make. And as for the Maxxis Carnivore tires, they are amazing as well. They are pretty soft and show some wear after that ride, but the traction and turn in grip is great. Just not really the right tire for that kind of abuse. :smile2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully I don't have the same experience that you had. You are about the only one that I've heard that didn't really like their Teryx. So far I have nothing but good things to say about my KRX. Granted I only have 50+ miles on it, so time will tell. This is my first venture away from Polaris.
I hope so too! I think I just got a lemon or something. I am glad you like your new toy. Hope you get many years of good riding out of it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I stopped by the local dealer last week and had a look see. Some very impressive features, indeed.
However, by the time I added all the upgrades that we have on our General, it would be another 10 G's. :(

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I stopped by the local dealer last week and had a look see. Some very impressive features, indeed.
However, by the time I added all the upgrades that we have on our General, it would be another 10 G's. :(
LOL I struggled with the same thoughts. As I was cleaning out the General I realized just how many things I had added to it. However, building the new machine the way I like it is half the fun of owning one, and I think it will be well worth it when all is said and done.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts