Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having Tailgate latching issues?? I had one side that wouldn't latch (kept coming open) so when I had the door issue fixed I had my dealer adjust the tailgate.

Now its too tight, gotta fight it to get it to unlatch on one side, and unless you close it without puling the latch, the latch rod has ended up on top of the catch.

So i want to tear into it and see what I can do to make it work better, so anybody else have this issue or make a fix to their tailgate?

JnC

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the exact same issue. Took it back to dealership. After they tried adjusting it and were unsuccessful they ordered me a new latch and will install the next time I am there.

·
Registered
22 Posts

These will fix the problem. Best five bucks I’ve ever spent.

Reactions: HandiRacker.com

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Wondering the same thing. Please explain what or how did that fix it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just look under your tailgate handle for the click pins that go thru the rods. These allow the handle to use the springs to get more leverage on the rods. Needle nose pliers and two minutes. These are already on the 2020 G's

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Good to know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
one side of my tailgate would not latch, messed with several times with no success, put these 2 clips on today and now it works perfect, thx. for the tip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually had my tailgate fall off and end up resting on the muffler because the latching system failed, tailgate ended up melting in one spot.... the dealer wanted 800 bucks for a brand new tailgate. Since my unit wasn't past the factory warranty yet I had them double check and polaris ended up footing the bill.... thank the lord.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts