Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sway Bars. Anybody remove them? The owner of the other General here on the Island took his front sway bar off and said its much better. Any input on this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Many do this, it just depends on what type of riding you do. If you want to go fast it will sway real bad - body roll.

If you go slow and do more technical riding at slower speeds it is real nice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
the first pic is with the sway bar, that is as high as i could get it, it keep turning the wheel and rolling off the jack.
the second is with out the sway bar, that is about the point where the back tire started to come off the ground. the ride is much better, but i rode it about 5 min so could not really comment on the handling of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
yes i would, polaris is know for the back of there bikes squatting down and rolling.

Reactions: Trapper

·
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the first pic is with the sway bar, that is as high as i could get it, it keep turning the wheel and rolling off the jack.
the second is with out the sway bar, that is about the point where the back tire started to come off the ground. the ride is much better, but i rode it about 5 min so could not really comment on the handling of the bike.
Hey Irons Brandon. When you did the pics with the sway bar removed at it's full upward travel how close to the radiator did it get? Didn't know if you happened to look. The radiator rock guards I made won't have an issue with the sway bar on but removed I'm not so sure as I haven't done mine yet.
Thanks. Grrrr

Reactions: 2722

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey Irons Brandon. When you did the pics with the sway bar removed at it's full upward travel how close to the radiator did it get? Didn't know if you happened to look. The radiator rock guards I made won't have an issue with the sway bar on but removed I'm not so sure as I haven't done mine yet.
Thanks. Grrrr
I did. Not look but when I get home I will jack it back up and go full lock and take pics of bolth and post them.

Reactions: 2722

·
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did. Not look but when I get home I will jack it back up and go full lock and take pics of bolth and post them.
Thanks! If it goes past the bottom edge of the radiator on either side I'll have to make a slight modification.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have Locking pins in all of mine,I can unhook all 4 of mine in 5 min or less,works for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts