Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
My jeep has a stud like pin with a cotter pin keeper. I think they would be perfect here, but still need a way to park the loose sway bar. Bungee straps would probably be fine, but hey, how sexy is that. I'm worried that if the bar is held rigid it will interfere with the a arms.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My jeep has a stud like pin with a cotter pin keeper. I think they would be perfect here, but still need a way to park the loose sway bar. Bungee straps would probably be fine, but hey, how sexy is that. I'm worried that if the bar is held rigid it will interfere with the a arms.
Yep, I think the bungee's are the way to go for now. If I find that I never hook them back up, I'll just totally remove them.

Dozer, on the rear, I tried putting the pin at the sway bar side but that end has to be tight. Was way to loose. On the a-arm side, both sides of the link have holes the pin will go through.

A-Arm side: |[]|

Sway Bar side: |[]

Hopefully the above makes sense.

KindleFire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What differences could you see when you drove it
I'll give a full report after actually driving it for more than 2 minutes. With what little I did drive, it definitely had more body roll cornering. Next weekend, not this coming weekend, I'll be out camping and riding. I'll experiment with all disconnected, rear connected only, and front connected only.

KindleFire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Old Thread....

However....How did this work out?
If you want to ride fast, keep the bars connected, if slow, disconnect. Only issues I got is the rears when disconnected, they rub the axle. I need a better option to keep them up and out of the way. I may need to shorten the bungies on the rear.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I rode My General today with front sway bars unhooked,it was a far better ride I was getting much more travel Ann Slight Body roll nothing of note.
So I pulled the rear one And and Rode more Body roll, but not to bad,I ride slow. And travel easy.Might put the rears back on,after I get the shocks a cooking right ,,you just cannot get the full independent trave of the suspension with sway connected ,Starting on shocks rebuilding springs.then might put the rears on.

Guys,,I need some spring rate numbers,,, for the front ,,some of you ,,run dual rate springs,what rates are you running.I know some are secret but not all,,,hook me up.

Or know someone who will just sell ,,,,,just ,the front dual rate ,,spring set up ,

Generaljls, how fast is fast,,,40 seems fast in a tur. On gravel ,,lot of body roll springs will help.
Thanks.

Reactions: GeneralGeorge

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man, those look like the hot set up. Dampened so you keep your body roll down for high speed, but with being dampers instead of solid, you should be able to get full suspension travel on the slow stuff, right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those sway bar end link shocks look like that's the way to go. Definitely have to look into comparing the measurements/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Took the front sway bar off of mine last fall and have been out a couple times since and it makes one heck of a difference when trail riding/hill climbing. This past weekend we took it out to Silver Lake Sand Dunes with the front still off and it definitely feels a little loose at 40+ mph and especially when turning at speed. Feels like it wants to carry the rear inside tire when cornering :grin2: and will lift tires when catching ruts in the sand going across the hills.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those Walker Evans,,Sway Bar Shocks,,are Nice would get a Pair or Two in a minute but I don't think they will fit.

I use the Curved Quick Connect Pins ,,that way I can unhook front ,and Or Back .

I saw an interesting way of holding the links out of the way without bungees a friend he uses a short piece of rubber,(( He uses Conveyer Belt )) about 1-1/2 inches wide and 4- inches long you have to use 4- more connecting pins ,but it's easier to clean don't hold mud like bungees and nothing bumps anything.or comes loose.

Alternative to bungees.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those Walker Evans,,Sway Bar Shocks,,are Nice would get a Pair or Two in a minute but I don't think they will fit.

I use the Curved Quick Connect Pins ,,that way I can unhook front ,and Or Back .

I saw an interesting way of holding the links out of the way without bungees a friend he uses a short piece of rubber,(( He uses Conveyer Belt )) about 1-1/2 inches wide and 4- inches long you have to use 4- more connecting pins ,but it's easier to clean don't hold mud like bungees and nothing bumps anything.or comes loose.

Alternative to bungees.

Hope this helps someone.
Pictures?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a question, how in the **** are you disconnecting the sway bar with the bike siting on the ground.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a question, how in the **** are you disconnecting the sway bar with the bike siting on the ground.
Rock it side to side to get tension off sway bar then pull pin. You need to be on flat ground though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Generaljls

I don't have pics of Gary's set up (( I couldn't post em any way LOL )) but,it's just a Flat piece of hard rubber about 4- inches long with a hole in each end ,,I watched when we rode the other day,didn't see any thing bump etc.

He ,pulled the pin on the frame end ,stuck pin through frame -rubber -frame latched it ,,stuck pin through rubber piece, through sway arm link and latched. (( We use the Pins with curved Latched about 2- inch I think )) I haven't cut any pieces yet just keep putting it off.

I will try and call him tonight to see if he has had any problems with binding up or anything,I got a branch through my Bungee and it was a mess.

Reactions: generaljls
1 - 20 of 36 Posts