Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started collecting pieces and parts for upgrading the stiff ride to something adjustable and wife friendly. First I picked up a set of G4 Fox shock take-offs from the classified section here. Got a great price from a good guy, thanks Ranger. then spent more money at Shock Therapy getting the Dual rate spring kit set for my G2 Premium. I'll be removing the SuperATV 3" lift and installing these shocks soon. I'll miss the lift when plowing and running in the deep snow, but welcome a softer ride in the mountain rocky trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Very nice my friend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question....I bought the fox shocks above used. They were not tagged as to where the fit, So I don't know which position to install them in. I started swapping springs today and noticed the shock bodies different.The shorter fat springed ones has a longer body and is threaded further. The longer stacked set(tender spring?) has a shorter body with less threads.

Anyone one know which shock are the front or rear set?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Tell us what you think .. about the new shocks. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the new Shock Therapy Raul rate springs installed onto the Fox shocks. They’ll have to wait until next week to be fitted to the General. Other business to attend to first.
They look good

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got the new Fox shocks with Shock Therapy dualrate kits installed finally. Still need to tune them...Looks like it’s a few inches lower than when the lift was installed and the ride was pliush but maybe too soft. I’ll need the adjust the preload a bit. I only drove it about 3 miles on gravel so far. Need to take it to the mountains for a full evaluation.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got some miles on the new suspension. OUTSTANDING!!!
Worth every penny for the improvement in ride. We took a ride up Duck Creek to Gypsy lake and Mt Baldy area. Was able to do some rock crawling, some medium speed rock trails. Previously this route would have loosened our teeth and slowed us way down. But this time the Rzr friends couldn’t keep up in some sections. Wife was very pleased and is loving the General again.
Still playing with the damper setting and preload....but it’s all good so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
very much late to this thread. but very happy to hear the ride improvement system did you well! I myself ordered the fox rc2 shock upgrade kit for my 2017 general 4 and am patiently awaiting their arrival! that being said I will possibly have some oem walker evans shocks with about 1100 miles on them for sale to anyone that is looking to buy a set!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts