Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not what I was expecting to see this morning when I looked out my window. Would have made a tough drive if I was still heading to Moab today. Still snowing, and not supposed to stop until this evening...

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
685 Posts
I imagine your ready for spring to take root!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine your ready for spring to take root!
You got that right. About 30 miles west of here they are getting up to 2'. Definitely going to delay getting in the high country to do some camping. :(

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Registered
187 Posts
**** NO!!! my first Christmas in Texas it was 60 degrees. was a little strange for me as i grew up in WV. took all of 30 seconds to get use to it when i called home and they said the high there was going to be 8 degrees. been here ever since!

it sure is pretty though. but i'll take looking at pictures over dealing with it.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
bobx, remind me where you live? Here in Canon City...maybe an inch. Virtually gone now!

And your lucky you didn't head for Moab...they would have turned you around and made you leave! Hopefully things will start opening on May 1st. I'm keeping my reservations for the ROTR time slot. And if open, I'll head that way and enjoy the trails...by myself is need be!
Pirate

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bobx, remind me where you live? Here in Canon City...maybe an inch. Virtually gone now!

And your lucky you didn't head for Moab...they would have turned you around and made you leave! Hopefully things will start opening on May 1st. I'm keeping my reservations for the ROTR time slot. And if open, I'll head that way and enjoy the trails...by myself is need be!
Pirate
I cancelled the Moab trip several weeks ago when Moab first shut down. The snow wasn't why we didn't drive over. That has never stopped me in the past, even though a time or two in maybe should have... :)
We live just northeast of Denver in Henderson. Ended up with just under 9". It was pretty much gone by Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Spring snows can sure be crazy I am from NE Ohio where we deal with Lake effect snows, Last Saturday morning we had 4” of snow on the ground, Sunday afternoon I was mowing grass in a T-shirt and 50 degrees crazy.....Stay safe everyone....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spring snows can sure be crazy I am from NE Ohio where we deal with Lake effect snows, Last Saturday morning we had 4” of snow on the ground, Sunday afternoon I was mowing grass in a T-shirt and 50 degrees crazy.....Stay safe everyone....
Yeah, Sunday I was out in a T-shirt cleaning out my shed. 67 degrees and no trace of Thursdays snow to be found. ??

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have to take responsibility for the snow Thursday the 9th here in Ohio. I dewinterized my camper on Monday the 6th. Sorry guys, I shoulda known better. I had to drain the water out of the lines since, twice... Stoopid Ohio "spring".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Didn’t Utah just open their State Parks? Would that include Moab?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts