Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't help myself. Saw these when they first appeared in the press and ordered them. Sat in my shop for a couple of months waiting for the General Deluxe to appear!!

I like the high clearance feature, I like the orange color, I like the ability to adjust camber and caster easily. I wish they had either Super Dave's bushings or the new Polaris sealed bushings. Guess I'll see how they work out. On advice from Jeff at JJ and A Racing Products I purchased a set of RCV ball joints.

I'm keeping the OEM A-arms assembled...just in case something goes awry on our first ride...about 800 miles from home!!!

Looks pretty good eh?

Pirate

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true! Time will tell if I need them.

I'm very pleased with the ground clearance the General comes with. Figured that out when starting on the Hilliard diff blue print project...On my RZR 800 I've used a floor jack and two pieces of 2" rough sawn lumber to raise the front and rear and set them on 8" concrete blocks.

Well...that didn't work. Had to go all the way up with the jack, set a couple more pieces of 2" rough sawn lumber under the two wheels off the ground. Drop the jack add a third piece of 2" rough sawn lumber to the jack...and just barely able to get the tires on the concrete blocks.

So hoping maybe with the high clearance A-arms I won't need guards.

Pirate

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First ride of the rally last weekend started hearing noise from the front end...wondered what it might be.

Got back to camp, started looking...the Passenger side, rear, lower A-arm bolt was loose...the nut was still on, but working its way off!!

At assembly I torqued all the fasteners to Polaris spec.

Back at camp...tightened them all to "Pirate spec"...what the heck, isn't the correct torque for a 1/4 x 20 bolt 100 ft-lbs? LOL!!

But am thinking when I get home I'll add a little blue loctite to each fastener just for safety. With that bolt tightened...suspension was quiet for the rest of the rally.

When hearing the noise, I wondered about the bushing provided by SuperATV...they don't look like much. So I'll be calling Super Dave's to see if he has a set.

No dings from hitting anything. I'm impressed with the General's ground clearance and the arched A-arms just add more!

Glad I installed them!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
95 Posts
First ride of the rally last weekend started hearing noise from the front end...wondered what it might be.

Got back to camp, started looking...the Passenger side, rear, lower A-arm bolt was loose...the nut was still on, but working its way off!!

At assembly I torqued all the fasteners to Polaris spec.

Back at camp...tightened them all to "Pirate spec"...what the heck, isn't the correct torque for a 1/4 x 20 bolt 100 ft-lbs? LOL!!

But am thinking when I get home I'll add a little blue loctite to each fastener just for safety. With that bolt tightened...suspension was quiet for the rest of the rally.

When hearing the noise, I wondered about the bushing provided by SuperATV...they don't look like much. So I'll be calling Super Dave's to see if he has a set.

No dings from hitting anything. I'm impressed with the General's ground clearance and the arched A-arms just add more!

Glad I installed them!!!

Pirate
Pirate, Since I work in aviation we often put castellated nuts on and have to drill the cotter pin hole after torquing. That's what I plan to do. The trick is a steady hand and good eyeball so you don't drill crooked. LOL:surprise:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Pirate, did you happen to measure the General before and after to see how much you gain in height? I like the looks and also the fact that the A-arms are meatier, looking at doing this myself instead of putting in a lift.

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
I see on Super ATV's site, they say you have to buy the Rhino axles to run the rear arms. I see a price of $199, but it doesn't say if that's for one, or a pair of axles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts