2021 XP General Military Tan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning al
Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Jaw Vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Tread Engineering
l !! I installed the limit straps on the front suspension of my XP. Not a hard install but it does not come with the long bolts you need to install. Stock bolts are M10x1.25 x55 grade 10.9zod.Purchased online five(one spare) M10x1.25x80 flangebolts and flange nuts. Found steel 3/8 inch 1" long spacers at Ace and the fitment with the 10mm bolts was not tight just a little loose. I placed the straps on the front side of the shocks because the drivers side has the platform for the brake reservoir the edge is near the strap. Made a cover for the rad hose to protect on the front. I bought these so I could remove my sway bar up front. As a side note if you are removing the sway bar remove it BEFORE you install a arm guards. The guard limits movement and I could not remove the sway bar with the guard on. I do think it rides better with the bar off. I suggest you use straps if you remove the sway bar. I rode in rock gardens with the bar off and no straps and the shock was banging very loudly when it extended. Shocks way too pricey to let that happen every ride. JMO

·
Registered
296 Posts
So are these 22" straps? I thought I read somewhere that 21.5" was the optimal length. Or does a person still need to jack and measure?

I'm considering pulling my front sway so I have been researching straps.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
519 Posts
So are these 22" straps? I thought I read somewhere that 21.5" was the optimal length. Or does a person still need to jack and measure?

I'm considering pulling my front sway so I have been researching straps.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
You'd still want to jack and measure.
In that link, you'll see the full eye to eye measurements and then our recommended length to purchase. Its normally 1.5" or 2" shorter than the eye to eye measurement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,
We have a 2021 General Deluxe two seater with Fox shocks.
I raised the front and rear and carefully measured the bolt center to center distance.
I measured 22.375 to 22.5 inches. Called Sand Craft and they suggested 21" straps because, they said, the straps will stretch about 1/2" after time.
Should be here tomorrow so I can (hopefully) put them on this weekend.

·
Registered
2021 XP General Military Tan
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not 100% sure of the strap length, I think 23" because my shock is 25" between bolt holes. The Superatv website has a chart. I can tell they have stretched some after a couple of rides. I feel it does ride better and it saves the shock from the over extension.

·
Premium Member
General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition, Shock Therapy, Rugged Radio, Factory UTV Skid, Hunterworks
498 Posts
I just put on the 23" on my G4 trailhead, front has no slack, I had to put weight on the front to get them on, rear has some slack. They say they will stretch 1" for every 12", once broke in, we will see. I'll take pictures in the morning.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I just put on the 23" on my G4 trailhead, front has no slack, I had to put weight on the front to get them on, rear has some slack. They say they will stretch 1" for every 12", once broke in, we will see. I'll take pictures in the morning.
What brand of strap did you go with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts