Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super ATV Lifts are out of stock, so I've been eyeing the S3 Lift.

I can't figure out how the rear shock/spring spacers on the S3 increase lift without impacting shock length and ride?? Anyone here have this lift installed or have any experience with this style lift on another SxS?

As for the Super ATV lift, I know there's a few people here with it installed. Does the change in angle of the rear shocks affect the ride and handling?

Super ATV do not have an ETA on their lift, so I'm wondering if I should wait or move on!!

Any Pros or Cons to either?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm waiting on Racer Tech. I want to keep my center of gravity as low as possible and not run alot of preload so an 1.5"-2" lift is all I want.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have the s3 lift and installed the super atv lift on a buddies 900s, and i will say i like the s3 lift way more and it rides a lot better since the rear shocks geometry isn't changed with the s3 lift

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the S3, did you measure actual lift before/after? Curious if you truly get the 3". I need to make sure mine will still fit in toy hauler without removing spare bed.
I saw one review on S3 site indicating 4in in front and 1 in rear. I would guess improper install.
Thanks,
Wade

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
For the S3, did you measure actual lift before/after? Curious if you truly get the 3". I need to make sure mine will still fit in toy hauler without removing spare bed.
I saw one review on S3 site indicating 4in in front and 1 in rear. I would guess improper install.
Thanks,
Wade
Welcome wadevb!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lifts.......there are pro and cons. Pro for any lift is increased ground clearance (a no brainer)
I've had 2 different kinds on my razor
1st type was the kind that "tipped " the top of the shocks outwards. When you do this you put more preload on the spring thus giving you more downward pressure and increasing height. The problem with that is you change the geometry. When you put the shock in a more uprite position the shock moves further in the same amount of suspension travel so you lose suspension travel as the shock will bottom sooner. It also increases the speed that the shock travels and affects the rebound and dampening. This is ok if you have adjustable shocks as you can compensate for this. With stock type non adjustable shocks the end result usually means a firmer or harsher ride with a little less travel.
The 2nd type was a totally different style.
What it did was give the bottom of the shock a different mount. What that would do is "push" the control arm downward buy extending the bottom mount upwards. This did not change the angle of the shock so there was no loss of travel and no change of the shock speed through the travel. It worked much better with the non adjustable shocks I had. There was no change in ride quality or suspension travel.

If you do more slower non aggressive trail riding is where type 1 has the disadvantage as you will notice the ride quality change.

If you are an aggressive rider, you probably will not notice too much of a change with type 1 lift

With the wife coming along for all the rides now, my aggressive riding style changed with all the slaps and commands to slow down....lol
She was the one the really noticed the better ride with the type 2 lift.

So I am watching and waiting to see if someone develops a type 2 lift for the general to keep the better half happy. But that's JMO. ????

·
Registered
35 Posts
The reports for the lift amount on the S3's is accurate. Mine went up about 4" in the front and about an inch in the rear. The machine sits pretty level.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another to consider is the Highlifter. The front bracket doesn't require the shocks to be flipped. The rear uses a small shock spacer and a bracket that re-positions the top of the shock slightly. Seems to ride very well. Easy to install, hardest part is the rear spacer. Didn't have a spring compressor so just used ratchet straps and went very smooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts