Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see on the Super ATV site they have the clearance arms for the front and some of you guys have them and like them..... What about the rear arms? They show them on the General with the lift kit but don't see them for sell yet. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
374 Posts
So I see on the Super ATV site they have the clearance arms for the front and some of you guys have them and like them..... What about the rear arms? They show them on the General with the lift kit but don't see them for sell yet. Any Ideas?

I emailed Super ATV two weeks ago looking for an update. They indicated they don't have an ETA yet, but suggested I sign up for their newsletter to get updates.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.. thanks Paul H

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I have the SuperATV high clearance A-arms on the front of my Deluxe...the orange ones of course. The SuperATV bushings aren't the best, so I replaced them with a set of Super Dave bushings. Fixed that problem.

I decided to go with a set of Factory UTV 3/8 guards for the rear A-arms and leave them alone. Figure I'll probably stay with that.

The high clearance A-arms on the front are a good idea. Often times you can't really see what's going under. The rear A-arms...with UHMW guards, probably slide over most everything.

Just my thoughts,

Pirate

·
Registered
4 Posts
A arm sizes not fitting

I have the SuperATV high clearance A-arms on the front of my Deluxe...the orange ones of course. The SuperATV bushings aren't the best, so I replaced them with a set of Super Dave bushings. Fixed that problem.

I decided to go with a set of Factory UTV 3/8 guards for the rear A-arms and leave them alone. Figure I'll probably stay with that.

The high clearance A-arms on the front are a good idea. Often times you can't really see what's going under. The rear A-arms...with UHMW guards, probably slide over most everything.

Just my thoughts,

Pirate
----------------------------

Hey pirate I'm just wondering what year of front super atv a arm did you buy for your machine. You may be thinking obviously 2016s but if you look at the last thread I posted it'll explain. Also, if you would measure the distance between the outside of the top a arm bracket where it mounts to the frame that would be really appreciated

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I purchased the 2016 SuperATV high clearance A-arms in early 2016...a few months before I got the machine. Just wanted to have things before they went on back order as people got their Generals.

I had to replace the Driver side upper...the ball joint popped up out and beat the thing to death. And now I've got two 2018 upper A-arms the Driver side is a just before another small design change.
The Passenger is the latest design.

So you would like the overall length of the A-arm from the outside end to the center of the bushing tubes? I'll be happy to get what you would like...but gotta make sure I'm getting the right measurement.

Pirate

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The SuperATV upper A-arm and the OEM upper A-arm are the same. Different color but that's it.

Pirate

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any problem running the front Super ATV high clearance lower arm with the OEM upper arm?
Certainly like the idea of the higher clearance but probably not if I have to purchase the uppers as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Super ATV told me last month that the next batch of “rear” sets are on order and scheduled to arrive mid-September. I am personally opting for both the front and rear sets ... both with the 1.5 inch offset option ... plus the Rhino axles (required for the 1.5 inch offset option). The 1.5 inch offset should provide the clearance to run 30 inch BFG All-Terrain truck tires. Looking forward to properly aligned & balanced tires for the short high-speed asphalt highway sections to / from the trailheads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone on here get better pricing on a arms than what a regular consumer can get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts