Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the super atv lower ball joint. I was greasing them recently and noticed that the ball joint can move up and down on the bolt. I tightened the bolt and ball joint as much as possible. It didn’t help though. It still moves. I believe this creates a clunking noise I’ve been hearing over rough terrain. Has anyone experienced this with the ball joints? I’ve tried new bolts thinking they were just worn but with no success.

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,218 Posts
I have the super atv lower ball joint. I was greasing them recently and noticed that the ball joint can move up and down on the bolt. I tightened the bolt and ball joint as much as possible. It didn’t help though. It still moves. I believe this creates a clunking noise I’ve been hearing over rough terrain. Has anyone experienced this with the ball joints? I’ve tried new bolts thinking they were just worn but with no success.
Message @SuperATV on here. He can get you sorted out. Are their ball joints lifetime warranty?

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Hey! I just responded to your message.
Its possible the hubs could be wearing out. No way to crank down on that pinch bolt anymore? That's the same standard Polaris ball joint used in pretty much all the RZR's and Rangers. The ball joint pins don't really wear down because they are a much much harder steel than that bolt or the hubs. They are either 4340 chromoly or 300M depending on which ones you bought. The other material would wear away before anything on the pin. Is it possible that the pin is moving in the cup? They are adjustable...so if that's the case, you can tighten up the pin pretty easy. We have a ball joint service and adjustment video on Youtube that may help. I'm mostly afraid it could be the hub itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts