Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing the front A arms from Super ATV. Fit is good no issues on install. The new ones come with the attach point for the front sway bar but I elected not to install it. The A arms have an adjustment on the lower Arm. Instructions have you adjust the blocks out 3/8 inch then check caster and camber. Adjust the arms until you get caster camber within recommended spec on their sheet. I have a Caster/camber gauge and found that in order to reach the correct caster and camber the rear block had to be all the way in and the front out another 4-6 turns from the 3/8. If anyone installs these this would be where I would start with adjustment. Instruction say nothing about toe adjust but the toe also had to be adjusted. One thing I didn't understand was the Arms have grease zerks on 3 of the pivots but the upper rear didn't have one. I tapped and threaded for a zerk on this one as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I called super atv to buy the front a arms in orange with 1.5" offset #AA-P-GEN1K-1.5-HC-04 but here's the answer: Hello, it looks like that item won’t be in until 11/25.
I guess there is not enough ask for this :crying:

·
Registered
49 Posts
The problem is the bushings. It' s different from 2016 and 2017. My dealer called today and they said they re testing if there is no problems before releasing the 2017 models

Reactions: MWGeneralRider

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got in my set of Super ATV 1.5" Forward A arms for my 16 general and a video from them would be helpful on how to adjust the blocks correctly. i do not have any gauges to get them set exactly right. any advise? I'm gonna check with a local alignment shop and see if they can put it on their machine and adjust them. They also have a place to mount the sway arms back up but on their site it says they can not be used. so I'm confused on that also. what is the advantage or disadvantage of having it?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site onsshottim!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I put my SuperATV high clearance front A-arms on as soon as I got the machine in May 2016. By October I was hearing a little noise, so contacted Super Dave and got a set of his bushing for them

That was the end of the noise and things feel more solid.

$139, but worth every penny!!!

JMHO

Pirate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts