Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about the Roctane XD, but after reading the specs, Roctanes are 48.5lbs and the Blackwaters are 33lbs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pro armor crawlers for the win. Chicains are great to but are horrible in any kind of mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like the Chicains would clean well in mud. May be an 8" tire would be better. Some tires need a little more RPM to clean and dig. I've had some tires that were like those (without the sipe in the cleat) that did great in some gumbo mud in La.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey new member here. I am in the market for one of these and came across this specific thread. Can anyone tell me with the 3" SuperATV lift and a 30" tire, what is the height with the roof? I'm trying to figure out if I can put it in my toy hauler with a 3" or not without taking out one of the beds. My teryx now is 75" or so and have to take the bottom bunk out. I may get a custom cage put on when I get one depending on the height of this. Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey new member here. I am in the market for one of these and came across this specific thread. Can anyone tell me with the 3" SuperATV lift and a 30" tire, what is the height with the roof? I'm trying to figure out if I can put it in my toy hauler with a 3" or not without taking out one of the beds. My teryx now is 75" or so and have to take the bottom bunk out. I may get a custom cage put on when I get one depending on the height of this. Thanks!

I measured mine this weekend and it is 77" to the highest point of the roof.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Well when I do get one I may just be looking at the arched a arms for now and later looking at getting the lift. Maybe a custom cage or at least a cage chop to start may have to happen if I do the lift later. I'm not going super custom with this one, just hopefully a reliable machine that I won't have to worry non stop. But I first need make sure I can put it in the hauler and fit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm thinking of going 29" or 30" on my buggy when I get it. I keep wanting to go to something like a Kanati Mongrel but the mud in the mountains here can be like peanut butter.

Not sure of a tire yet... my oldest is a manager at a Discount Tire so I can get the employee deal. Or a I got a buddy that is an RM at Colorado Components and gives me a deal. That's where I got the tires and wheels on the Commander.

·
Registered
43 Posts
waiting on my Super ATV 3" lift to arrive tomorrow. I was reading the instructions online and it says the remove the rear axles, calipers, hubs, and knuckles for installation of the lift brackets. I am looking and don't see (from the pictures) why this is necessary. Did you guys have to remove all those parts to install? Looks like you should be able to remove the shock and the one bolt from the lower A-arm to install the brackets

1 - 20 of 51 Posts