Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It took me about 6 months to make my decision on the tires I wanted to purchase. After careful reviews and a lot of questions I finally decided to go with the Tusk Terrabite now my wheels were easy to decide on because I knew I wanted to keep the stock wheels. After looking at the pictures of my General you will understand. The tires ride great they fair ok in most mud I rode Heart of Dixie trails here in South Alabama this past Saturday. I am not one to abuse my ride but I don't avoid mud holes but I do avoid the ones that I know are unpassable on my ride. I don't have to impress anyone I know what I have and I am the one paying for repairs , I am grown and I know this. So all in all the tires have seen a good deal of muddy trails a lot of hard packed trails and some highway use to get from spot to spot. So with that being said these tires did well and improved my ride tremendously. Oh and I only used AWD once and that's because the rear slipped off in a hole. But the only thing that really bothers me about these tires is I got the 30-10-14 tires after mounting my tires on stock wheels front wheels are 14-6 and the rear are 14-8 neither of the tires measure 30 inches really not even close to 30 front tires are 28 3/4 and the rear just under that at 28 1/2 now I am not sure what size wheel I would have to mount this tire on for it to measure 30 inches but it's not a 6 inch wide wheel or a 8 inch wide wheel. Or how much air I would have to run in the tires but 10 in the front and 12 in the rear doesn't get you there. Of course if I fill them to the 36 max psi then they are going to ride like a horse and buggy, which just defeats the purpose of buying a smooth trail tire. So if you are on the fence they are great tires but they definitely don't measure true to size and that's my complaint. I have emailed the company but haven't heard back from them. Companies should not be allowed to advertise a tire as a certain size and it not measure that size is all I am saying I spent the money for a 30 inch tire I should receive a 30 inch tire.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I will take a measurement of my Terrabites mounted on 7” rims when I get home and see what I come up with......tire Sizes are like lumber you never really get what your paying for a 2x4 is not 2”x4” and so on......

·
Registered
645 Posts
So I measured a brand new Terrabite 30/10/14 not mounted 28-1/2”, tire mounted on Tusk Wasatch bead lock wheel 10 PSI rear tire 28”....But I still like them better than the 27” stock tires and 14”wheels....BTY these will be coming up for sale if someone is interested.

·
Registered
2019 gen2 premium
62 Posts
I just mounted a set of Terabites stock sizes 27/11/14 & 27/9/14 yesterday. They measure at 14 psi in back and 12 psi in front at 26 1/2” in back and 26 3/4” in front. Only concern is it pulls to the right a tick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love the Bird on the hood. Good to see others thought the same as I do. I like the post. I am thinking of the same setup on my 2019 G4 RC. Gives me food for thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wades3 the tires are great tires they fair good in mud, no mud bogging of course but basic trail mud they are good, they are great on hard pack trail, dirt roads and paved roads. And also improved the handling turning is much better especially on loose gravel. Very impressed with performance, just were not true to size, only complaint.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i bought the terrabites and have been very impressed. we just did 4 days at hatfield & mccoy and rode every condition there is. well minus the "slick rock" utah style riding. even got one one trial with unavoidable deep ruts full of water. no problem. was the first one down a trail that was freshly graded after a rain. from all the large chunks of mud flying up the tires clean very well. for the price and a general all around tire, i am very pleased.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have over 3,000 miles on my Terrabites, and I have been absolutely happy with them. I run them at around 8 or 9 psi. Great on gravel, rocks, and pavement (really quiet on pavement too, but if I forget to switch to Turf mode, they are a bugger to steer on pavement). As others have noted, they do well in sand and mud (not crazy mud of course), and they ride and handle great off pavement. I reckon I will get another 1,000, maybe even 2,000 miles out of this set. When they wear out, Terrabites are going back on!

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
484 Posts
I am wanting to be as close to 30” tires as possible. If I get terrabites, should I go with 32”? I’ve heard a lot of reviews saying they run short. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Depu T, could you post where you found the Trans Am decal? I have the exact same machine and have been going back and forth as to what decal to install on the hood.
Your decal is crazy cool and fits the hood perfectly. I have got to get one!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just thought I'd add to this thread my new 30 " x 10 terrabites measure 28 3/4 at 14psi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought I'd add to this thread my new 30 " x 10 terrabites measure 28 3/4 at 14psi
Awesome, thank you so much for your post! I have been on the fence about what size tires to get for my 2019 Ranger XP1000 Backcountry. I have read that a true 30” will rub at full lock. Now I know I can fit these 30’s! Looks like a great tire!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts