Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed STI HD9 Wheels and 31” EFX Motoclaw Tires. All ready for a Hatfield-McCoy trip this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where did you get your upper doors from? I want to order the same for my XP but haven't seen any pics of them installed on a XP yet until now. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you get your upper doors from? I want to order the same for my XP but haven't seen any pics of them installed on a XP yet until now. Looks good.

They are the OEM Polaris doors. They're OK but if I had to do it again I work get the Seizmik Doors not just because of aftermarket quality vs Polaris quality but also because of the price. I paid too much.

OEM Polaris ($849):

Seizmik Doors ($525)

Reactions: FenderBender

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice setup! Enjoy HMT my favorite trails, be safe!
We're going to Ashland ATV Resort from Friday to Tuesday. First time at that resort. Last two times we went we stayed at the Mudpit near Bramwell (fantastic place). We're going back in November to Twin Hollow ATV Resort as a "make up trip" due to a cancellation this past May due to Covid. Glad I got the inferno heater installed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We're going to Ashland ATV Resort from Friday to Tuesday. First time at that resort. Last two times we went we stayed at the Mudpit near Bramwell (fantastic place). We're going back in November to Twin Hollow ATV Resort as a "make up trip" due to a cancellation this past May due to Covid. Glad I got the inferno heater installed.

Are you staying in a cabin at Ashland? If so, might think about getting or taking a topper for the bed, they are like laying straight on box springs. As far as everything else about the resort, GREAT PLACE!!, Staff really nice and beautiful kept resort. We was there last week and really enjoyed our stay other than the beds.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely put that on my list. I was told that before but I forgot. The Mudpit included linens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That’s a good looking set up. I’ve been looking at HD9’s or SB-3’s but favoring the HD9’s. Do you think 32’s would have enough room to clear on 5+2 wheels? On an XP.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see why they wouldn't clear with 32" tires. I get no rubbing with the 31" tires on the HD9 (6+1) wheels so they should clear with 5+2 wheels. I still have plenty of clearance between the tire and firewall. The 6+1 wheels will maintain factory width as close as possible. They only added 1/2" to 3/4" total width to my machine. 5+2 wheels will add 2" to 3" to your width if that's what you want to accomplish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The little extra width won’t be a problem where we mainly ride. I’ve only been able to look at one xp before I put my name on one but it looked like there was plenty of room.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clearance to the firewall is a little over 3" with the 31" tires. "IMO", If you're going to go with 32" tires you might want to consider installing a Duraclutch. I'm sure there will be different opinions. Like I said.....IMO. Heck you might even be able to go to 33" tires. Please post updates once you decide.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah probably could but 32’s will be all I’ll go. I’ve been running a DC in my ranger for couple months now. Took a little getting used to the difference in rpm but I really like it when we’re cruising around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts