Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. There are no clearance issues. I have not had a chance to take it out yet. I did a lot of research on these tires and they get good reviews. Suppose to wear really well and get good traction. The only issues I found was balance problems. I contacted Sedona tire company and they told me they had a bad batch of tires a couple years ago that caused that problem. Once I got the wheels and tires delivered I took them to my local tire shop and had them balance the tires. They are a little heavier than stock.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea a couple of my buddies have ripsaw and buzzsaw and like them alot. They are heavy but they are a good heavy duty tire. Neither of them have ever had a flat on the trail and we did a 800 mile trip last summer and a 1400 mile trip this summer. Pretty sure I will be getting me a set when my stock tires are done. But like you I do want to go bigger than stock just don't want a lift and no clearance issues. I travel some pretty hairy trails. But I know the torque on the General can easily handle a larger tire.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love me some ripsaws. Have had them on my past 2 ATV's. I had the balance issue on my last set. Will be upgrading to them soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I moved my 27" Rip Saws from my 1000 Sportsman to my General. Did not balance them his time and they ride out way better than when they are balanced(took a **** load of weight). Tire guys told me that they are not made to be balanced on UTV/ATV's. I am beginning to believe them.

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,210 Posts
Old thread, but I wanted to report that my one of my Ripsaws didn't survive Windrock Park. Sidewall "snake bite" puncture. I never realized till I was trying anything to keep air in the tire, but the sidewalls are only 2 ply. I'm going to Carnivores. Already have them sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
The other thing on tires and sidewalls...I prefer a tire that has tread blocks that extend well down the sidewall.

I'm really liking the EFX Motovator tires in 28x9.5x14 no clearance problems whatsoever.

Pirate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts