Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris general 4 xp1000
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I come to a stop I have a load squeak from the rear of my general. I have taken off all the pads and sanded them. I didn’t find anything in the pads and roters look good. However I didn’t clean the roters I was unsure if you should sand lightly on them or not any ideas how to stop this awful noise?
thanks

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
There are threads on here about adding Hillman springs behind the brake pads.
Hopefully others will chime in about adding them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
There is some stuff from CRC called brake quiet it is a type of silicone that you spread on the backing plate of the pad. It helps reduce vibrations. Witch human ears pick up as noise.. i put it on car brake pads all the time and it does help. I put it on my general brake pads helped a lot

·
Registered
2021 Polaris general 4 xp1000
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is some stuff from CRC called brake quiet it is a type of silicone that you spread on the backing plate of the pad. It helps reduce vibrations. Witch human ears pick up as noise.. i put it on car brake pads all the time and it does help. I put it on my general brake pads helped a lot
Sweet I will check into that as well thanks

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,214 Posts
If it only happens when the breaks are pushed its 99% most likely a hard stone in the pad. Your options are to either really sand down the pad about 1/8" to get past the stone or replace them...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Never heard of that stuff before your post.

Reactions: Nissan36

·
Registered
674 Posts
Synthetic brake caliper grease will do the same as this stuff. But you can use the Synthetic grease on the pins to keep them from rotting tight too....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I use the grease on all moving/sliding parts. But i found that the crc brake quiet works better.. been in the automotive industry for 16 years been using since the beginning when a 40 year industry tech showed it to me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts