Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just scrolling through FB and this sponsored post happened to pop up. Since spring compressors are often talked about here, I'd figure I'd pass on this picture... it might interest some of ya...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Interesting timing. With all the discussion lately regarding ST dual rate springs, I've been wondering what compressors people are using to work on these machines.

That looks like the MacPherson set I've been leaning towards.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,302 Posts
I really like those….but I had these in the garage and they worked fine after I maneuvered them around to fit my jaw horse
Font Gas Metal Household hardware Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting timing. With all the discussion lately regarding ST dual rate springs, I've been wondering what compressors people are using to work on these machines.

That looks like the MacPherson set I've been leaning towards.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Its amazing what FB "knows"...

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
126 Posts
Hey guys I was just scrolling through FB and this sponsored post happened to pop up. Since spring compressors are often talked about here, I'd figure I'd pass on this picture... it might interest some of ya...

I bought this type of spring compressor to install my Shock Therapy springs. It worked great.

·
Registered
2018 General deluxe ride command.
32 Posts
I have the compressor that is the cheapest 1 . The one with the threaded rod and the flanges that grip the spring. It was scratching the threads on my Fox shocks. I purchased the one above with the yellow protective cups. What a heavy duty tool! It worked fantastic and made the ST spring change a breeze. I'd recommend it. But it was a bit of a challenge to use it on the machine. On the work bench was great.

·
Registered
2018 General deluxe ride command.
32 Posts
I was not able to use the compressor with the shocks on the machine. Works great with them off.
It was a bit tight. I had to clock the springs as to not rub on the crossover ring. It took a few beers and some bad language but was doable. It certainly wasn't easy. But better than the smaller one that ended up gouging the threads on the Fox shock body. I had to remove the from the machine to get it right. That being said I'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
45 Posts
I used the cheap ones that Papermaker posted. Mine were from Harbor Freight so probably even cheaper. They were terrible! They kick sideways on the spring, scratch the threads and pretty much impossible to turn once under pressure. Wish I had seen that other set. I'd pay $1k to not have to do that again!

-EH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts