Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have interference issues with these? As soon as I installed these I noticed issues with the MTX radio reception. Then BT would not connect with the headlights on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have them installed and I have no issues at all. That's an interesting problem you're having. Unplug the harnesses from the lights so they're out of the system and see if the problem goes away. Seems odd they would cause that kind of interference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is odd. Although the light was great, my wife didn't care for the issues with them. She wanted the original bulbs back in them. Now that you aren't having issues with your factory installed stereo, I wonder if this particular set of LED blubs are the issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have them installed and I have no issues at all. That's an interesting problem you're having. Unplug the harnesses from the lights so they're out of the system and see if the problem goes away. Seems odd they would cause that kind of interference.
Do you have your MTX stereo direct wired or as factory done on the accessory side?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had both the Spike bulbs and MTX Soundbar (just took it out) and had no issues. My soundbar was wired to a separate Blue Sea fuse block that was fed from the factory bus bar. Do the problems go away if you unplug the lights?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had both the Spike bulbs and MTX Soundbar (just took it out) and had no issues. My soundbar was wired to a separate Blue Sea fuse block that was fed from the factory bus bar. Do the problems go away if you unplug the lights?
Yes, I have no issues unless the Spike LEDs are plugged in and turned on. I had to turn off the lights to connect phone to sound bar via BT.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's really strange and not anything I experienced with the same exact set up. Sorry--can't offer much more help as the interference does not make sense to me--especially the bluetooth connectivity issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I moved the radio power connection to the direct battery post so I can play it with the key off. It should not matter, but I will go ahead and move it to my blue seas fuse panel and add a stereo switch, which I already planned to do.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cobra GT. I just installed the Spike LEDs and have the issue as you describe. Radio is fine, I turn on the lights and so much interference I can't hear the radio. Not sure why some have it and some don't. I know LEDs can cause interference, but should not be this bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cobra GT. I just installed the Spike LEDs and have the issue as you describe. Radio is fine, I turn on the lights and so much interference I can't hear the radio. Not sure why some have it and some don't. I know LEDs can cause interference, but should not be this bad.
Until now I thought I had an isolated case since everyone else had no issues. I sent an email to the company Spike Motorsports, to see if it is a known issue or what. I haven't received a response yet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I sent an email just last night as well. I am skeptical of the company as they don't have much info out there or even and address on the box. Hopefully I am wrong and this will all be corrected.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sent an email just last night as well. I am skeptical of the company as they don't have much info out there or even and address on the box. Hopefully I am wrong and this will all be corrected.
I purchased mine through Amazon, and I just contacted this seller through the product purchase about whats happening. I will update on any reply I get.

And still no reply from Spike.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I contacted John at SpikePowerSports.com who has been researching the issue. They are saying it is only occurring with the factory soundbar. Of course we have the factory sound bar so that is not yet a solution. I have been doing some research, and LEDs are notorious for radio frequency emissions due to the way the current is controlled. These have to be delt with by the manufacturer. The fact that some are having issues and others not makes me wonder if we have some defective parts. I am anxious to see how Spike handles the issue and will let you know what I find out. For now, I have good lights and no radio.

Reactions: Steve Leavenworth

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No reply from Spike yet. I am returning these lights. They wanted me to pay the shipping to return these. Amazon was contacted, they assured me there would be no charge with the product.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Update on the Spike LEDs interfering with my factory soundbar. Many thanks to John at SpikePowerSports.com who has taken care of my problem. First he send me some chokes that go around the wire leads on the Spike lights. This did not work. Then he contacted me and said they had some inline filters coming and would send me a couple. I received them last week and just installed. Problem solved! No interference with the radio. I am attaching a picture of the filters connected. They are quite large, and I will have to tie them up to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Got a link to these Spike LEDs...have no idea what you're talking about...sorry...but wanna learn!!

Pirate
The Spike LEDs have been interfering with the General's factory soundbar. Blocks out the radio with noise when the lights are turned on. Spike's support provided me some filters that plug inline with the lights, and that fixed the problem. I also understand that not everyone is having this problem with their Spike LEDs. See the previous comments on the thread.

Reactions: Cobra Gt

·
Registered
43 Posts
just sent my email to the sales team at Spike..........mine did the same thing.......worked great......turned them on with the radio and all static. Hopefully they will help me out!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts