Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2016 deluxe I'm wanting to put some speakers behind the seats
my question is. I have a set of shallow mount speakers coming with a amp. my plan was to mount them
behind the seats where the two compartments are these speakers will fit on top of the two covers for these
compartments are buy cutting out a hole for the back of the speaker.

and I never gave it any thought on haveing a magnet back in the spot behind the drivers seat where the ECU is located
does anyone have a idea if that will screw up my ECU???????????? or does anyone have any input on doing this
or anyone done this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought about same thing.. I ended up building a shallow box to sit the full length behind the head rest.
Wasn't enough room with Ecu, but you could relocate the Ecu!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found some (MA905 panel speaker features a shallow 1" mounting depth. These two way speakers handle peak power of 400 watts/pair.)
these will fit even with the ECU still in its place.

I just talked to my dealer and he said the magnets would not effect the ECU. do I trust him what do you guys think?????
don't really want to put a box up under the rear window.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah panel speakers would probably work.. I was thinking shallow mount subwoofer.

You might not get enough sound or the quality of sound you want mounting behind the seat. I've seen some guys build overhead speaker, that would probably better option sound wise.

Not really sure on the Ecu.. I don't think the internal board is in direct contact with the housing so would probably be fine. If not good excuse to upgrade it! Lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd really reconsider mounting mids or highs behind the seat. Mid and high notes are directional (as opposed to non or omni directional like bass) so anything behind the seat or hidden behind anything will result in poor, distorted sound. You may be able to make it "loud" but the sound quality will be less than ideal. Going overhead or in a spot where the speakers aren't blocked is the only way to go. Pic here shows what I installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
dana265--the speaker boxes are not mounted to the roof. They are mounted to the cage via tabs attached to the speaker boxes. The boxes were made to fill up the space between the cage members and then the tabs extend out and fit in the "flat spot" of the pro fit cage members. A few screws run through the tabs into the cage members. There is no connection to the roof. Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts