Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General XP 4 seater
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a good spare tire mount? I refuse to give up that much bed space and yes I do need a cooler that big! LOL
I am thinking something like the one on the attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
We are designing something similar but more along the lines of a show bar that will clear the factory storage box along with some other functions/storage. Spare will mount in centre and will adjust forward and backwards approximately the angle of rear cab so it can sit higher or lower on roof line depending on what visual you like
It will leave the entire bed open so your cooler /whatever will fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We are designing something similar but more along the lines of a show bar that will clear the factory storage box along with some other functions/storage. Spare will mount in centre and will adjust forward and backwards approximately the angle of rear cab so it can sit higher or lower on roof line depending on what visual you like
It will leave the entire bed open so your cooler /whatever will fit.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I would like to carry a spare, but I like my bed space. I like to carry a big ice chest ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing yet. We just finished the measurements last week and it's a side job for a fabricator friend of mine. So who knows. I hope by spring. I'm the guinea pig on the one for the general. He's done a couple of one offs for Rangers of different years and is also working on some RZR stuff although he thinks that market is pretty saturated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm working on a rack for my spare and eventually some gas containers and whatnot. The goal is to mount it "baja style" high enough to see under it but lower than the roof.

The bed still dumps and the space is still pretty accessible. The the bed dumped the tire is easier to take down. I think it completely the roof line nicely too.

I plan to add some lock and ride style hardware to hold it down. The bottom of the rack extends into the lock and ride holes and it's already pretty secure.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Sickcycles,

Love your design. Would you be willing to share specs or can I order this from you or your fabricator or ???? Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts