Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im orderin a Premium General with the followin. 13" light bar, heater defrost, aluminum roof, glass windshield, wiper, poly rear panel. Should have it in a couple weeks, thats what they say. goin to go thru it when I get it and make any adjustments I feel need be, drive it and then repaint, it is a nice color but just want to be different. HighLifter kit when available. See ya later and HAPPY TRAILS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question, If possible could I get a good reading on the width of this General. I might have to do some mods to my shed door. Shed is plenty big but question my door opening. I know Polaris list it as bein 62.5 but take that with a grain of salt. Didnt know if thats the outside tire width or total including cab or anything else that might hang out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
157 views. I would have thought someone would have provided a reply by now. I think your question got overlooked. It might be better if you posted a thread with the requested info in the title. I'd help you out, but I'm still without my General.

I did read in a review somewhere that the wheel-to-wheel width is the same width as the RZR-S, but the width door-to-door is 62.5".

If you have the room, it's probably best you make the opening 66" or 68". This will give you room to maneuver.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Might go with the military type light brown sand type. That will camo most of the clay wash I ride in.

Funny as that is a color I would love to have. I had a 750 Kawasaki Brute Force in that color - and wow, no painted plastics - loved it.

Would look real nice on a General!!!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
26 Posts
Question, If possible could I get a good reading on the width of this General. I might have to do some mods to my shed door. Shed is plenty big but question my door opening. I know Polaris list it as bein 62.5 but take that with a grain of salt. Didnt know if thats the outside tire width or total including cab or anything else that might hang out.
I'd like to know that too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Paul had it right on the post above.
Thanks guys! I am hoping it will fit in my 4 horse stock trailer. Width with the divider gate open is 67.5". Going to remove the gate and gain another 2 3"" in width (hopefully). It will be tight but should work. I am trying to keep from dropping $7k on a new enclosed trailer. BTW I'm a new owner of the General deluxe. picking it up from the dealer this afternoon. I've been reading your posts for a week or so and you guys are great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys! I am hoping it will fit in my 4 horse stock trailer. Width with the divider gate open is 67.5". Going to remove the gate and gain another 2 3"" in width (hopefully). It will be tight but should work. I am trying to keep from dropping $7k on a new enclosed trailer. BTW I'm a new owner of the General deluxe. picking it up from the dealer this afternoon. I've been reading your posts for a week or so and you guys are great!
My general deluxe fits in my 7 wide by 22 long enclosed snow trailer the only problem you might have is getting out. With the doors it makes for a tight squeeze getting out in a 7 wide trailer so you might have to take the driver door off to load it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ha there's room for a horse even. Did you winch it in or how did you manage to get out after you loaded it?
If you look close you can see me in the driver's seat scratching my head and contemplating the situation...lol, I climbed out though the back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My plan was to remove the center gate divider, since it takes up about 3" when it is folded open. However, this wasn't as easy as I hoped as the hinges are welded on and the pins are non-removable. I'm going to cut them off to gain the extra width but didn't have time yesterday before picking up the scooter. When I get that removed I will have just over 70" inside width. The bottleneck is the width of the trailer door opening at 65.5", not much I can do about that but go slow. On paper the machine clears with 1.5" on each side, but in reality - trying to get it lined up as best I could - it was more like 2 3/4" on one side and 1/4" on the other. I will be checking into how easy it is to take the doors off the machine for loading/unloading purposes. It would be really nice to have a bigger trailer but for now I'm going to try to make do with what I have since I won't be hauling it that much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts