Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 500 Ranger for some time and in 2013 traded it for a 2013 900xp Ranger. All of my ride buddies got RZR's so I bit the bullet and got a RZR 900S in May. The wife wanted to keep the Ranger to ride by herself. Since she has been riding a lot the past few months we are now looking to trade the Ranger for a General, especially now with the rebates and the seating is much better for long rides. Trying to decide between the blue or deluxe models. She likes the integrated stereo and the Fox Shocks on the Deluxe. However, the best deal might be had at the local dealer and he doesn't have one.

We should have a decision by the end of the week.

I joined this forum because the Ranger and RZR forums just don't have a big following for the General.

Located in North Florida and looking forward for the shared information.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the Site! You will not regret getting the General. We also had a ranger and loved it got into the poker/fun runs and the bench seat on the longer rides was the only thing that made us look at something dif. and really not wanting rzr liked the bed for my hunting! was going to get a premium and trade ranger on it but then found out the turf mode was going to be back in the 17s so decided to wait. sold the ranger and waited for a month for the General. Wife Liked the color of the deluxe over the premium so got the deluxe and couldn't be happier! Best of both worlds. >:)
Lots of good info here!!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Site! You will not regret getting the General. We also had a ranger and loved it got into the poker/fun runs and the bench seat on the longer rides was the only thing that made us look at something dif. and really not wanting rzr liked the bed for my hunting! was going to get a premium and trade ranger on it but then found out the turf mode was going to be back in the 17s so decided to wait. sold the ranger and waited for a month for the General. Wife Liked the color of the deluxe over the premium so got the deluxe and couldn't be happier! Best of both worlds. >:)
Lots of good info here!!
Yes, the seat is too straight up in the Ranger. And yes, I need a bed for hunting and such. Turf mode is not a deal breaker for us, the clearance incentive makes it more attractive at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts